Page 1 of 1
TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:21 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I just got done with a 6 hour session of Pikmin. I honestly did not expect this game to suck me in like it did.

I had played this game years ago at Wal-Mart and felt indifferent towards it. I kicked myself though when I noticed the prices skyrocket a year ago or so in anticipation for Super Smash Bros. Melee's sequel.

The price finally came down on the first game, so I decided it was time to pick it up. I'm glad I did, as barring a few very minor AI issues, this game is straight-up addictive. It's intense having to manage two/three groups of Pikmin at a time, making sure the Pikmin carrying the ship parts have a clear path while checking on those that are fighting or building a bridge.

You really need to play this game from the very beginning instead of jumping into it like I did years ago. Otherwise, the nuances will be lost.

lazybum
rank 10
Posted:
Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:51 pm
quote : #2
Yea this is a game that always seemed interesting to me. I haven't got around to picking it up yet though.
lanzarlaluna
rank 5
Posted:
Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:29 am
quote : #3
The Pikmin games are fantastic. I recommend them both, as they each have their own style of play. Pikmin 1 has much more of an arcade feel to it, in that you will play it multiple times to try and reduce your in-game days to completion. Pikmin 2 has no time constraints, but as such, is much more in-depth, with deeper caves and lots more goodies to track down. I'm glad you finally got around to playing Pikmin, Mytho. =)

Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:47 pm
quote : #4
the pikmin creatures are funny to toss in quick succession. i like how the little guys work together. i like the sound effects. i really enjoy the simple backyard feel of the environments. the play control is pretty much spot-on (which is typical of a first party nintendo title). the gameplay is quick to pick up and learn. it's an interesting game for sure and nothing quite like it. kind of like puzzle/real time strategy mix but without getting bogged down in resource management.

i really need to play pikmin 2 someday.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:36 am
quote : #5
I think Pikmin is one of my fondest gamecube memories. I think that is partly because it was has been Nintendo's only brand new IP on a home console in over a decade. Though its graphical style and environments really matched a lot of the other cool games coming out on the GameCube at the time. So it really fits the system.

I really need to get back to playing the original Pikmin again. I got really far in it on my brothers gamecube back in the day, and started it up again when i got the game, but havn't played it in a while since I got sidetracked with other games.

My copy of Pikmin 2 is still sealed actually.
rank 15
Posted:
Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:31 pm
quote : #6
Did you ever play Pikmin again nikon? I know you mentioned it last week on Jabber during the Irides controversy at the DC site.

As for me, I am only 3 or 4 parts from completing the game. If I truly wanted to, I could blow through the rest of game in about an hour and a half, but I don't want the experience to end.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:53 am
quote : #7
I finally... finally was able to sit down and have some focused attention on this game again. I started over, erasing my past data as I had no idea how long ago I last played this game. So far it is day 7, and I have 4 parts.
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:38 am
quote : #8
Shocked Pikmins such a weird game, but its a very fun one too. I haven't gotten into it much, though.