Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
Manji
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:52 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
well i just picked up this game today, haven't played it yet nor have i played it before.

for those of you who have played it, care to share your experience with the game? how did you like it?

i will probably get some time in to play this later in the week.
Mr. Green

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:24 pm
quote : #2
Mine is actually still sitting here sealed. So I have yet to play through it myself. Its supposed to be a good game though.
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:33 pm
quote : #3
I bought it back in the day, and was never able to actually get into it, despite what I've heard about it.

Maybe I'll pick it up again eventually.

Bloodflow
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:03 pm
quote : #4
I am on my third time through Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem and I had a quick question. The third time through do I cast bind or summon creature at the final array, before the battle with Pious? ...Alright nevermind. I just finished the game. I swear I must have beaten this game a total of ten times through the years. This is the first time all on the same file. I just opened up immortal mode. I have a very satisfied feeling.

EDIT: This game is my all time favorites for gamecube. I recently beat it for the third time on the same file, unlocking immortal mode. I would highly reccomend this one. The spells are awesome. You can Summon and take control of zombies and lots of other cool creatures. The story is an original addition to the survival horror genre. You play several characters spanning centuries, and tell pieces of a much larger story. The sanity system is unique and the sanity affects are very good at catching you off guard and work well to scare. Nintendo owns a copyright on the sanity system which they recently renewed. I can only hope that they will make a sequel. I got drawn in by the atmosphere. This game stands out as a gem in it's own right. There is no repetitive feel like a million Resident Evil clones. Nintendo and Silicon Knights definitely have their own thing going Here. The targeting system makes it easy to accurately sever heads, arms and torsos. I think if Nintendo turned this into a series, they could have something to rival Resident Evil. If you like H.P. Lovecraft you will like this game. One other thing, I am looking for scans of the Aug. 2002 Game Informer. It should have Dead or Alive: Extreme Beach Volleyball on the cover. This issue contains a six page walkthrough for Eternal Darkness that has secrets that I haven't found anywhere else.