Page 1 of 1
toon.head85
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:54 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I have been doing some looking online and I have no idea what I should buy. Xeno and Viper seem to be the 2 that I'm looking at, but which one? Would I ever need an upgradeable one?

Any insight would be amazing.

Posted Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:17 pm:

is there any information anyone can give me? anything at all would be nice.

- i want to install it myself on the gamecube i currently own (one of the first to hit toys r us in my town)

- anyone know a reliable chip?

thanks

david
Posted:
Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:44 pm
quote : #2
Type: PAL & NTSC-J
I have looked into modding a gamecube, although my expertise is with dmg gameboys and commodores from what I have read the best you can get is a solderless viper chip, although if you are a confident solderer there are alterantes to choose from.

EDIT: IF you plan to play DVDs on it you will need to recalibrate your optical drive and get a new outer case that is big enough for DVDs, although if you don't want to do that you can keep things the way they are.

Sheeep
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:35 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
toon.head85 wrote:
I have been doing some looking online and I have no idea what I should buy. Xeno and Viper seem to be the 2 that I'm looking at, but which one? Would I ever need an upgradeable one?

Any insight would be amazing.

Posted Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:17 pm:

is there any information anyone can give me? anything at all would be nice.

- i want to install it myself on the gamecube i currently own (one of the first to hit toys r us in my town)

- anyone know a reliable chip?

thanks

david

Hey, I know this was posted months ago, but I've purchased and installed the "XenoGC" chip, the soldering isn't very difficult and it does it's job very well. I can vouch for it.