Page Location: Home > Kirby Air Ride > Topic
Whoobin
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:55 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I just recently did my first Kirby LAN game, and boy was it fun. I heard that you could tunnel this game and play with people online... So, I was wondering if anyone still plays this game online anymore?
2. HomeLand (2 Copies)
3. Phantasy Star Online Episode 3 C.A.R.D. Revolution
4. (2 copies) Kirby Air Ride
5. (2 copies) 1080° Avalanche
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:30 am
quote : #2
Very cool man, I would love to know, how did the LAN experience go? I need to get back to that game. There is a mode that is all open world and super fast and crazy.

Actually pretty much every gamecube LAN game tunnels very poorly. The games simply use too much bandwidth and I am actually trying to focus on them just being LAN only titles for the sake of this site. Until the internet doubles in speed and its a breeze to play these online at full framerate, they will be just "system link" games. People can still experiment and try to tunnel them, but... I've never heard of anyone playing them at full framerate, and rarely at a playable one.

That is truly awesome that you setup Kirby in a LAN environment. Its a lot of hardware, but its a special experience to go the full mile and system link any console. There is just something about having the person right there with you.
rank 10
Posted:
Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:39 pm
quote : #3
lordnikon wrote:
Very cool man, I would love to know, how did the LAN experience go? I need to get back to that game. There is a mode that is all open world and super fast and crazy.

Actually pretty much every gamecube LAN game tunnels very poorly. The games simply use too much bandwidth and I am actually trying to focus on them just being LAN only titles for the sake of this site. Until the internet doubles in speed and its a breeze to play these online at full framerate, they will be just "system link" games. People can still experiment and try to tunnel them, but... I've never heard of anyone playing them at full framerate, and rarely at a playable one.

That is truly awesome that you setup Kirby in a LAN environment. Its a lot of hardware, but its a special experience to go the full mile and system link any console. There is just something about having the person right there with you.

Yeah, it really was fun. I also have 2 copies of 1080° Avalanche and am planning more LAN with a few friends today.
Ohhh, here is a good example of tunneling on this site, http://gamecube.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1694
2. HomeLand (2 Copies)
3. Phantasy Star Online Episode 3 C.A.R.D. Revolution
4. (2 copies) Kirby Air Ride
5. (2 copies) 1080° Avalanche