Whoobin
rank 10
Posted:
Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:11 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeae997ToOk

Why would G4 say this about the Cube!!!???

If you watch the video they make several mistakes about the console. They seem to not enjoy the console and it annoys me. Sure I'll admit they messed up a a few things with the GameCube, but this vieo shows very little respect for one of my favorite consoles.

Last edited by Whoobin on Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
2. HomeLand (2 Copies)
3. Phantasy Star Online Episode 3 C.A.R.D. Revolution
4. (2 copies) Kirby Air Ride
5. (2 copies) 1080° Avalanche
Everynewday84
rank 6
Posted:
Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:23 pm
quote : #2
Whoobin wrote:
If you watch the video they make several mistakes about the console. They seem to not enjoy the console and it annoys me. Sure I'll admit they messed up a a few things with the GameCube, but this vieo shows very little respect for one of my favorite consoles. So, I'm saying (why) because I don't know why someone would ever say some of this stuff about the GameCube...

I know what you mean. But, sometimes the truth hurts. I, for one, am a dreamcast fan. And I'm sure much worse could be said about the dreamcast. I still enjoy it, though...
In the video they said some pretty subjective things. Such as the controller being bad...
But there were also some more objective complaints; such as the lower amount of data a GC disc can hold. Also, the lack of the multiplicity of online titles the Gc's competitors had.

Whoobin
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:23 pm
quote : #3
Everynewday84 wrote:
Whoobin wrote:
If you watch the video they make several mistakes about the console. They seem to not enjoy the console and it annoys me. Sure I'll admit they messed up a a few things with the GameCube, but this vieo shows very little respect for one of my favorite consoles. So, I'm saying (why) because I don't know why someone would ever say some of this stuff about the GameCube...

I know what you mean. But, sometimes the truth hurts. I, for one, am a dreamcast fan. And I'm sure much worse could be said about the dreamcast. I still enjoy it, though...
In the video they said some pretty subjective things. Such as the controller being bad...
But there were also some more objective complaints; such as the lower amount of data a GC disc can hold. Also, the lack of the multiplicity of online titles the Gc's competitors had.

Yes, as I had stated in the previous post that I realize that the GameCube had some problems with it. But, in this video they say some things that are not true (as stated in your post.) For example, a man in this video name Matt Mira says that the GameCube game discs make good coasters. He also said that he wonders how the Luigi could afford the mansion in the GameCube game Luigi's Mansion (which is false, he won it.)
2. HomeLand (2 Copies)
Everynewday84
rank 6
Posted:
Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:27 pm
quote : #4
Didn't that same guy say that he was such an irresponsible gamer that he became a college dropout? Laughing

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:47 pm
quote : #5
For starters, this is meant to be entertainment for a TV audience. Secondly, Everynewday84 is right, the truth sometimes does hurt. However, I didn't see anything in the video that was abrasive or out of line in the video. The note about the coaster is perfectly fine. These are light hearted jabs at the system for the sake of entertainment. A copy of Madden would make a good coaster Wink

One of the problems many fans of any classic system run into is that they become insecure about the console(s) they are interested in, and want their interests to be relevant in the mainstream. The gamecube is not going to go down in history as a legendary console. A few of its games might like Wind Waker and Metroid Prime, but the system itself will always carry with it an ultra niche fanbase. Also, a console quickly becomes irrelevant as soon as its successor features backwards compatibility for its game library.

I personally really like Gamecube. I like its design, and I am a big fan of some of the games released for the platform. Whether others feel the same way, I don't really care. You just have to stick by what you are interested regardless of what others say, and... sometimes you need to take comments with a grain of salt.
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:00 pm
quote : #6
lordnikon wrote:
For starters, this is meant to be entertainment for a TV audience. Secondly, Everynewday84 is right, the truth sometimes does hurt. However, I didn't see anything in the video that was abrasive or out of line in the video. The note about the coaster is perfectly fine. These are light hearted jabs at the system for the sake of entertainment. A copy of Madden would make a good coaster Wink

One of the problems many fans of any classic system run into is that they become insecure about the console(s) they are interested in, and want their interests to be relevant in the mainstream. The gamecube is not going to go down in history as a legendary console. A few of its games might like Wind Waker and Metroid Prime, but the system itself will always carry with it an ultra niche fanbase. Also, a console quickly becomes irrelevant as soon as its successor features backwards compatibility for its game library.

I personally really like Gamecube. I like its design, and I am a big fan of some of the games released for the platform. Whether others feel the same way, I don't really care. You just have to stick by what you are interested regardless of what others say, and... sometimes you need to take comments with a grain of salt.

Yeah, I guess I overreacted a bit. Embarassed But, who wouldn't when someone insults your favorite console. Neutral
2. HomeLand (2 Copies)
Everynewday84
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:08 pm
quote : #7
lordnikon wrote:
A copy of Madden would make a good coaster Wink

Hahaha. Agreed.
And, Now that I'm thinking about it... Im using a copy of Kelly Slaters Pro Surfer, wedged under my crt tv, to keep my tv nice and level Laughing

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:34 pm
quote : #8
Everynewday84 wrote:
Kelly Slaters Pro Surfer, wedged under my crt tv, to keep my tv nice and level Laughing

I guess you could say Kelly Slaters surfboard "balancing" skills are being put to good use Laughing
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:24 am
quote : #9
Type: NTSC
Whoobin wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeae997ToOk

Why would G4 say this about the Cube!!!???

If you watch the video they make several mistakes about the console. They seem to not enjoy the console and it annoys me. Sure I'll admit they messed up a a few things with the GameCube, but this vieo shows very little respect for one of my favorite consoles.

Meh I'd just ignore them and enjoy playing the gamecube

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:56 pm
quote : #10
nooitzben wrote:
Meh I'd just ignore them and enjoy playing the gamecube

Yes! Mr. Green