Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
Dalore
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:17 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
After playing most GameCube games emulated the last few years I've decided to get a proper GameCube setup back under the tv. I've now got a digital model cube that supports component out, but I'm having trouble sourcing the cable obviously due to its limited production run.

It's Great that the original cube supported 480p especially now I only have a HD TV in the house, but tracking down the digital cable at a semi reasonable price looks like it may take a while.

So if anyone knows of a current source, or are willing to part with theirs please PM me.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:33 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I spent a lot of money to get my component cable. There is no way to get it for a cheap price. I bought mine back when you could get it for about $60.00. Now I see the price is at around $80-120 on ebay.

One way to cut the cust would be to find one in a bundle auction, especially if you can bid. Snipe the auction with a high bid at the last minute, and then you can keep the cable and sell off the rest of the items.

I just checked YJ Auctions, and all I could find was 1 D-Terminal cable for 4,999 yen. You can take these D-Terminal cables and then get an adapter to connect to component. Even if you did buy this off YJ, by the time you factored in shipping, auction fees, etc, it would be just as much as ebay.

I would set aside $70-80 and prowl ebay for a BIN auction that pops up out of the blue.
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:11 pm
quote : #3
Thanks for the info Smile

I was watching a D-Terminal cable on ebay, but wasn't sure if the quality would be worth the cost. Just a quick question, is a D-Terminal cable compatible with UK HDTV's? I never seen that connection type before? I will look into the availability of an adaptor just in case 1 pops-up again.

Ideally it is the component i'm after, I will just have to be patient , and keep the money available like you said Smile

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:49 pm
quote : #4
D-Terminal is the same thing as component, but the output connector is different. You would have to get a D-Terminal to Component adapter, which can also be pricey and hard to come by outside of japan.

I say the best bet is to just settle on the fact that GC component cables are expensive, and you will need to drop a nice chunk of cash to acquire one. Because I don't see prices coming down anytime soon.
rank 10
Posted:
Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:05 pm
quote : #5
I heard that this cable provides a clearer picture compared to the standard composite cable. I was wondering if it's worth it to get the cable or not?
2. HomeLand (2 Copies)
3. Phantasy Star Online Episode 3 C.A.R.D. Revolution
4. (2 copies) Kirby Air Ride
5. (2 copies) 1080° Avalanche
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:28 am
quote : #6
The short answer is yes it is definatly worth getting the cable. The long answer is... much longer. I started writing the reply but realised I just need to write a proper guide on video connections for the cube. Will try to get this up asap. Cool
rank 10
Posted:
Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:02 pm
quote : #7
Thanks lordnikon.
2. HomeLand (2 Copies)
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:42 pm
quote : #8
I should have the start of a guide on cables and displays relating to the GameCube up this weekend. I will be making a thread here in the Lounge when it gets posted and maybe even note it in the news.
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:38 pm
quote : #9
Cheers, that would be a great help Very Happy

Whoobin
rank 10
Posted:
Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:12 pm
quote : #10
Late post, but I got a component cable back in December... I will admit, it makes everything clearer and sharper! Mr. Green
2. HomeLand (2 Copies)
.ducky
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:09 pm
quote : #11
Whoobin wrote:
Late post, but I got a component cable back in December... I will admit, it makes everything clearer and sharper! Mr. Green

you're playing on an HDTV though, yes?

Whoobin
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:44 pm
quote : #12
.ducky wrote:
Whoobin wrote:

you're playing on an HDTV though, yes?

Yes... Mr. Green
2. HomeLand (2 Copies)