IamUrDeAth
rank 1
Posted:
Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:33 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U
Hi there,

So I'm a huge Gamecube fanatic and even bigger PSO fanatic.

I've been playing Phantasy Star Online since its inception on the Dreamcast and have played every iteration of it since. The Gamecube version has been and will always be my favorite as I feel its the most balanced and best refined.

I'm a game collector and have a nice Gamecube, as well as Dreamcast, collection built up. I've been playing a bit of PSO recently on my Gamecube and have been looking around for the best Server to play with.

I don't think this needs to be said, but I have been a legit player of PSO for a long time and intend to stay that way. Knowing that this server makes it a point to keep itself legitimate and keep things as faithfully close to the Sega servers as possible, really brings some enthusiasm back to the prospects of playing PSO online once more.

I've had my run-ins with other PSO servers out there but I'm always met with unbalanced hack quests, silly rules, bad community, and all in all just a bunch of cheaters.

I hope that I can play with all of you soon. I have 3 characters in Ultimate already, one of them I've had since the Sega servers. I intend to be a very active player for the foreseeable future.

Thank you for your time.

Lavis Cannon
Electro Frame
Book of Hitogata
Wargo
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:14 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Thats good man. Will have to jam some time once I get my modem. I have put countless hours in the offline mode with a friend. I love to be able to play again with others online.

IamUrDeAth
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:39 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U
Will def be playing with you then!

Lavis Cannon
Electro Frame
Book of Hitogata
Starwalker
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:07 am
quote : #4
Type: PAL
Welcome IamUrDeAth and Wargo.

It’s good to hear that there are some people who want to play PSO legit. Hope you guys meet the requirements and hopefully soon we can play online together.

Just want to point out some things to new people that want to play PSO here.

IamUrDeAth since you said that have 3 characters in Ultimate already, and even 1 you play since the official servers, I assume that you probably want to keep playing with them. That’s fair but…

Here in Online Consoles (OC) we recommend people to make a new character or use an already made offline only character, to play in OC server only. We are trying not to restrict the GC version much but I think it’s fair to make this since if we use the characters that were used in the official or other private servers there’s a high chance that it contains some hacked/duped items.
Not only this but we in OC so far only have played casually and so I think no one still has their character in Ultimate mode. Probably that will change a bit as more people join in.

OC suggests avoiding trading items with other players if you want to make sure your character is as legit as possible. Of course it’s ok to give/trade support items like monomates, difluids, meseta, etc. Especially as we are trying to make the GC version more open we don’t know how fair and legit new people want to play PSO here.
Maybe as time goes and we gain trust in people we can trade items but that’s just my opinion not trying to speak for OC in this case.

That not means that maybe in the future you can use your other characters IamUrDeAth (if people agree here), especially when more people have more advanced characters that not rely much in assistance to lv up.

Hope you guys have fun playing PSO and other GC games of course Smile .
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:47 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hey guys, welcome to the site. OC's PSO server is setup to be as close to Sega's original servers as possible. We even have the original Minhiro message up for historical accuracy.

This is a small but faithful community (that always has the possibility to grow).

I am a big fan of the GameCube console itself and its library. Finding others who are also fans of GameCube hardware (and aren't just playing GC games on the Wii), is a bit tough these days. So anyone who is a GC afficionado is very much welcome here.
rank 2
Posted:
Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:47 pm
quote : #6
Type: Gamecube, PC
After reading a ton of info about the server that has been ran here for some time, this is what I am looking for as I am bringing in my family and a friend to play with me I would like for them to also have a legit experience for their first time playing the game online.

They so far have been enjoying offline, now to get online.

What steps should I take?

Starwalker
rank 10
Posted:
Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:38 am
quote : #7
Type: PAL
Welcome AnthonyAce Smile .

Read this: http://gamecube.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/guides_pso_access.php