Page 1 of 1
TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:58 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
The last time we played PSO, lordnikon and I had a discussion on whether or not you should boost your DEF versus boosting an individual resistance. We couldn't come up with a definitive answer, as the times where you would need to boost an individual resistance are few and far between.

The example we were working with was Falz's final form. When you're attacked with Grants, what would benefit you the most: Putting two Metal/Body units on for +60 DEF, or two Resist/Light units for +10 ELT? Does the damage calculation for a technique take your DEF and corresponding elemental resistance into account, or just the elemental resistance?

Also, as far as I can tell, boosting your resistances could be beneficial for specific boss fights, but for most common enemies, pumping up your DEF stat seems to be the way to go. Is there something I'm missing? Maybe a certain enemy that inflicts much less damage if you put on a specific resistance unit? I'd like to know if somebody here can clear this up for both lordnikon and myself. Smile

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:23 pm
quote : #2
In will armor up on Resist Devil's next time we face Falz to see how well those fair vs Metal Body's.

I like how I was saying "Man when would I ever need a Burning Resist?", and then I was hit with multiple flame attacks from a Chaos Sorcerer.

Maybe Resists are huge for Rangers, who aren't fighting enemies head one and will get smacked with a ranged magic attack from enemies.
rank 15
Posted:
Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:45 pm
quote : #3
I went into VH Ruins offline rocking a Resist/Devil a few nights ago and, from what I could tell, it did seem to make a difference. I didn't sustain too much damage from common enemies.

If you're talking more about the actual fight with Falz, I don't think a Resist/Devil would help you out too much. Maybe you would take less damage from the Darvants, but it wouldn't help at all against the Techniques that Falz is so fond of. Resist/Blizzard and Resist/Holy are your best bets for Falz.

Starwalker
rank 10
Posted:
Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:30 am
quote : #4
Type: PAL
This is a good subject! Smile . Probably most people (including myself) if not everybody doesn't give much thought about using resists units, except light for Falz. But if we think, resists units are good for all Bosses.
- Resist Burning is good for Dragon
- Resist Freezing for Ice Dragon
- Resist lightning for Volt Ops and Episode II Dragon, etc...
rank 15
Posted:
Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:08 pm
quote : #5
Good point Starwalker. Resist units seem to be very useful in boss fights where you know what Techniques are going to be used.

Do you know what element De Rol Le's mines are? It looks like the mines emit lightning when they explode. I checked PSO-World and couldn't find an answer.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:52 pm
quote : #6
So for the Dragon, does Resist Burning only protect you from his fire attack? or also when he bursts out of the molten lava holes in the ground?
rank 10
Posted:
Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:34 am
quote : #7
Type: PAL
About De Rol Le's mines really don't know, maybe I'll check that one day. As for the Dragon I don't think it will protect from when he bursts out of the molten lava holes because Its a physical attack, but it will protect you if you step on the same lava holes.