Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sun Sep 07, 2003 8:43 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok so first Acclaim drops support for the cube, now Eidos drops support for cube? Both of these companies are using the gamecube as a scapegoat for their POOR marketing practices(not that nintendo doesn't need to work on their marketing a tad as well).

Lets take one of the upcoming games from Acclaim, probobly the last to appear on gamecube, XGRA. Now, this game was supposed to be released in JULY. They then say they are pushing the date back to compete directly with FZero. Now they chicken out, and create yet ANOTHER delay and arn't releasing XGRA till october. Sorry Acclaim, but you are st00pid. I am a huge fan of the extreme g series, and you keep delaying this game. Your not going to spearhead fzero fans, your just pissing of those gamers that really do enjoy the extreme g experience.

Eidos....I don't have much to say to you, you don't really make any games for the gamecube anyways, so why the hell are you dropping bad press on the cube? Go back to debugging your next Tomb Raider flop.

However one very odd twist of fate has occured. One of the best FPS's to be released on the home console, Timesplitters 2 was a standout success on the gamecube. It was released by Eidos. What is to become of Timesplitters 3? Luckily Eidos made another bonehead decision ending up in our favor. They stopped publishing games for Free Radical, the developers of Timesplitters(who own the rights to the series). Looks like Activision will be most likely publishing TS3, because they are currently going to publish another upcoming Free Radical game.

Kinda wierd how all that worked out. Very Happy SO TS3 can come to the cube.
rank 23
Posted:
Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:45 am
quote : #2
Timesplitters 3 is still coming to the cube?? That's all I care about then! Screw Acclaim and Eidos. The only Eidos game I have is FF7 for the computer, and even then, i don't really own it.
Posted:
Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:49 am
quote : #3
Timesplitter eh? heard of it hope it makes a good console FPS
Posted:
Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:56 am
quote : #4
You should play TimeSplitters 2, it's awesome. It's my Perfect Dark fix on a next gen console (though that doesn't stop me from playing Perfect Dark once in a while). I just hope that TS3 has an online mode for the Gamecube. That'd be the best, heck, even if it was just TS2 with online I'd be happy.