Page Location: Home > HomeLand > Topic
GeBeCluck23
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:03 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Okay, so...you guys are gonna love me now. I finally managed to beat the "Dream Land" (or story, or whatever it's called...) scenario, and I backed up a save file right afterwards! It's in .gci format, and the easiest way to put the file on a real Gamecube Memory card is by using Wii homebrew. The program that I use is GCMM. All you do is put the memory card, and the SD Card, in the Wii, (note you'll need an older model that still has the GC slots) run the program, and "restore" the file to the memcard. For your convenience, I've included GCMM with the download. So just plug in the cards, and you're ready to go!

Oh, and I should mention, I named the character "Baka," (idiot) to encourage people to use the third option down on the chubby angel's (Tenshi) list, to rename themselves. This of course can only be done once, but the advantage is, now anyone can use this file, rename their character, and start playing online! And if we find anyone named "Baka" online, we'll know why. I of course renamed myself too on my current file. (My name is now ジービー, aka, GeBe.)

Okay, here's the link! I hope this will prove useful!
Click Here!

Oh, and here's for more information on setting up homebrew for the Wii.

TL;DR,
Download the save file for getting online, use GCMM to put it on memcard, rename yourself, and play!

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:41 am
quote : #2
This is great! Thanks GeBeCluck23

I cannot remember if I have ever posted the save files for Homeland that I had come across in the past. I bet I had it on my schedule and never got around to it.

I will save this and toss it up on the site along with the other ones I have, and maybe you can inspect them and add some more details as to how complete they are. I know one has God Mode available so at least users can host a server for others to play on.

Do you know if this file can be transferred via PSO + GameCube homebrew over the LAN? Assuming it would. Just checking since it was generated from a Wii.
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:13 am
quote : #3
Yes, this save file has God Mode available. I can't remember if I had already bought ビグかみさま(Big Kami-sama) on the file I uploaded or not, but I know for a fact that I have enough clear points (and the option) to buy him, because I did on my current save file. And as far as homebrew goes, you have to understand that Gamecube memory cards are basically just SD Cards designed to only hold save files. And the .gci file I uploaded is literally the ACTUAL save file stored on my "memory/SD" card. Now I'm not too familiar with Gamecube homebrew, but as long as you have a way of transferring this file onto the memcard, no matter what method you use, it SHOULD work. (Unless you corrupt the file by accident, in which case you can easily just try again.)