Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:44 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I was browsing ebay and noticed someone selling The Legend of Zelda: 4 Sword Adventures for over 250.00. This was a complete new bundle with the GBA cable. Standalone games seem to be going for around $40-50 for the game only.

Are there any other games you have observed to be more expensive than expected?
rank 15
Posted:
Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:27 pm
quote : #2
GameCube games tend to retain value, especially Nintendo developed titles. I peruse the Pricecharting website from time to time to see what's worth looking for during my thrifting stops.

Personally, the game that commands an inexplicably high asking price is the GameCube version of TimeSplitters: Future Perfect. My theory is that EA ordered a low print run for the GC version. That, coupled with the rise of GC collecting, is the only explanation that makes sense to me.

Dalore
rank 4
Posted:
Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:00 am
quote : #3
In the UK MGS: The Twin Snakes has pretty much retained it's original RRP since launch. Both in stores and on eBay a collector can expect to pay £45-60 pounds ($70-$90). Is it just as rare in the States?

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:48 pm
quote : #4
Twin Snakes has definitely retained its value over here in the US. Looking over the Pricecharting site, complete copies go for around the $30 mark, which is much cheaper than a copy in the UK. I wouldn't necessarily say it's a rare game here in the US, just an in-demand one.

Cipher_OneZero
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:14 am
quote : #5
Type: PAL
Dalore wrote:
In the UK MGS: The Twin Snakes has pretty much retained it's original RRP since launch. Both in stores and on eBay a collector can expect to pay £45-60 pounds ($70-$90). Is it just as rare in the States?

Yep, this game is Expensive. I have about 4 copies I picked up for about £5 each back in the day, glad I held on to them!

Cipher_OneZero
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:29 am
quote : #6
Type: PAL
I have quite a few rare GameCube games. I still have my Collectors Edition Windwaker with the extra disc, still sealed, and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles with the GBA cable, and all the Resident Evil games.

I also picked up 3 Resident Evil 4 GameCube Consoles, brand new and sealed, from Gamestation when they were selling them off for £20 each, new. I heard they only made about 5,000 of them for Europe, but I don't know if that's true...