rank 47
Posted:
Wed May 14, 2003 9:35 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
MegaMan: Network Transmission
[dispite the title of the game this is NOT an online compatible game]

Brand new game scheduled out Mid-June release!

Mega Man Network Transmission introduces the following:
·First Mega Man game for the Nintendo GameCube
·New visual design – All the characters have a 3-D cel-shaded art style.
·Utilizes the popular chip system from Mega Man Battle Network
·Customized attacks – Select and arrange which chips are used in battle
·More than 100 different attacks and a wide array of playing styles
·New storyline – Discover what happened in between Mega Man Battle Network and Mega Man Battle Network 2

-------------
This game just jumped str8 to the top of my gamecube to buy list. The game has cell shaded graphics. I will psot screen shots as soon as i can track them down again. The game looks amazing. Sidscrolling 3D megaman action, i can't wait!
rank 24
Posted:
Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:57 pm
quote : #2
The graphics aren't too pretty, but the game will be classic Mega Man goodness.

Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:06 pm
quote : #3
I got it today for my B-Day and it's pretty cool.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:01 am
quote : #4
really? how is it man? some people gave the game bad reviews but....i just look at it and it looks too dope not to be good. Whats your take on it Lunar? Personally i never get bored of sidescrolling action. Let me know what you think, cause i am thinking about getting it.
rank 24
Posted:
Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:54 pm
quote : #5
I like side-scrollers too. Network Transmission is really good, but if you don't like challenging games, stay away from this one. I'm only at the second boss, and he is insanely difficult (although I've heard that he is one of the hardest bosses in he game). Also, I really like the chip system for weapons which I hadn't seen since I hadn't played any of the GBA Battle Network games. The graphics are fairly well done, but some of the levels get repetetive. Some people don't like the music, but I do. One dissappointing thing is the weakness of Mega Man's buster at the beginning of the game. It takes about eight shots to kill anything with it, and it fires slowly and can't be charged. I think it can be powered up later, but I haven't been able to yet. An armor system in the game adds strategy because you can equip an elemental armor to take less damage from that element. Some of the chips that I have already found early in the game are very cool.

Overall, I'd give the game an 8.5 out of 10.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:56 am
quote : #6
i think i am gonna get this game. Plus hearing that sonicDX got bad reviews as well (which is complete garbage since when i was playing the demo disc, i played it for hours), i feel that todays gaming scene has sorely forgotten the days of "NO MEMORY CARDS" and leaving ones NES system on over night for days on end, in order to complete a game. Some sites gave megaman horrible reviews i was just baffled, i am gonna pick this game up for sure. That graphics look dope, and I like the network storyline concept.

-LordNikon
rank 24
Posted:
Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:48 am
quote : #7
Now that I've gotten further into the game, it's getting really cool. Some of the chips in the game rock, especially those you get from bosses. Of the five bosses I've beaten so far, I like all of them except one (Iceman) because he looks like a toddler. Anyway, do get this game because now that I'm getting the hang of the controls, the game is really shaping up. Also, in reference to my earlier complaint about the weakness of the buster, it gets a lot better later on.

You should definitely get this, nikon.

Oh yeah, BTW I also think that Sonic Adventure DX is pretty cool. I can't wait to unlock the Game Gear Games and play through the missions. I say forget what other people say if you think a game is good.