Page Location: Home > Kirby Air Ride > Topic
Nine
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:08 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
The release of the first LAN title for the gamecube: Kirby Air Ride on 10/13/2003 is getting closer...

Is there going to be an online tunneling program availble upon release? I checked the sourcefourge page on the "warp pipe project" but there was nothing indicating the progress.

What about gamespy?

Does anyone know?

Today is the 4th, so that means the 13th is a week from monday. I am getting excited, and if there is online tunneling software available upon release - I will buy it that day.

satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:43 pm
quote : #2
It's rumored that Gamespy is going to include tunneling software in Mario Kart, not sure about Kirby though. Yes, the Warp Pipe Project hasn't been showing much progress lately, but I'm sure it'll be out soon.
Posted:
Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:26 pm
quote : #3
Sweet! - That will be great if the rumor about gamespy including tunneling software in Double Dash turns out to be true. I am considering canceling my pso hunters liscense soon. Part of it is that I don't have any friends online pso anymore. Perhaps I should join a pso world team or something. The 8bucks a month is starting to not be worth it for me and for pso anymore. I am also going to be busy as hell this term at school and with work.

I need a quick fix online game. I was even thinking about getting an xbox....haha yeah wrong!!! There is nothing im interested on xbox - its sad toI think of the potential, but there is just nothing here yet in my opinion, if they just had something that was similar to a "video" game...shit, even a freakin online version of say...classic space invaders would help, or pong...?. Double Dash will be awesome but im starting to jones for some online cube, like NOW. I assume you guys are too. lol.

I got another cube so perhaps I will rent Kirby to mess around with LAN next week. God I cant wait for Mario Kart!! I dont think ive ever anticipated a game more, well at least since the Ocarina of Time for the n64. Hope to see you all online soon...

satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Sun Oct 05, 2003 4:19 pm
quote : #4
Yea, it'll be great if Gamespy includes their software in DD. I just hope that we can use keyboards with it too, for like the chat lobby or something.

Speaking of anticipating games, where the heck is my FF:CC!?
Posted:
Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:28 am
quote : #5
Yes, it must have at least a simple chat room, that would be the icing on the cake. I think it will - but if not you can always use a messenger program on a computer, if you have a router, thats what some of my friends and I did before we got our keyboards on pso. And dont forget, we have onlineconsoles.com to meet, bs, heckle each other, boast and arrange games.

Another reason why I can't thank the people who run this site enough. Laughing

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:48 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea the one feature I think that will be left out, is a chat system. Simply because the game is setup to be LAN only by nintendo. mk:dd might have a chat function, seeing as how there were rumours and quotes from gamespy at e3 about tunneling software to be included. However its still kinda up in the air.

Because of this, you all know I will try my best to create some sort of a communication tool here at onlineconsoles. A hell of a lot more communication is going to be needed to play these games online since they are LAN based. Means some coordination, and realtime discussion while setting up the games.

I am gonna start looking into this now infact, i really don't wanna get some full blown chat room thing going for obvious reasons i have already stated in long drawn out discussions on the dreamcast site(can search the dc site if you wanna read why.)

So I am gonna look to set up some sort of matching service, or mini php chat boxes or something to chat 1 on 1 with users or something like that. In the end i'll figure something out, I think. Very Happy