Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:17 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Man, in japan Viewtiful Joe hit store shelves and sold over 32,000 copies in a matter of hours. However do to recent poor sales figures from previous Capcom games, they failed to ship enough on the initial stock. So right now their is a feeding frenzy of JP gamers trying to snag a copy of Viewtiful Joe.

I have been tracking and following this game as much as I can via the net, and I gues capcom just never really realised how cool the game they were producing really was. The game is incredible. Period. Can't wait till it hits the US.
(i know i know i could import it.....ehhh er once JP restocks their stores with it hahahhaha, but i got plenty of games to keep me busy until its released on US shores)

Very interesting though how fast this game sold out, glad its getting some press, it deserves it.
rank 24
Posted:
Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:39 pm
quote : #2
profile : pm
I agree; I'll wait for it to hit the U.S. I'm not an importing man unless I have no other option (that was the case when I imported Shenmue 2 for the DC). I've got enough stuff right now to tide me over (especially with SC2 and Mario Golf coming out soon!) until the release of Viewtiful Joe here in the U.S.

Viewtiful Joe does look spectacular, and the shop option at the end of each level looks like it will allow you to add some cool new moves to Joe's repertoire.