Page Location: Home > Archive - News > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:34 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
A company called TerraForge announces new technology that will allow the same online game to be played on any platform. It is currently nearing completion on the software, and will support PC, MAC, PS2, GameCube, and PDA. They say that their new technology will allow players from multiple gaming platforms to play together.

Not only this, but you can take your game over across multiple platforms. Meaning, you could start playing a match at lunchtime on your PC, then your friend calls you up and asks you to come over and play at his house, Except he doesn't have a PC, he only has a PS2 and a GameCube. You could take your PC save over to his house and play on his cube or PS2.

May I just say, this is very very interesting.

“Our technology, called the Asgard Gaming Community, lets us create games that players can, for example, access on their Playstation 2 or other platform at home, and then continue gameplay on a PC, Mac, or PDA in another location which provides a new world of anywhere, any time, any platform accessibility to our online games,” said Adam Mateljan, CEO of TerraForge.

Interestingly enough Xbox is not included, obviously though, because xbox is cut off from open gaming communities. Primarily because of its Xbox Live "SERVICE" as Peter Moore at microsoft is so adept at slamming other companies in their lack of a "SERVICE".
rank 2
Posted:
Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:29 pm
quote : #2
Very cool. Wasn't there an upcoming game with news recently saying it was using this?

Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:51 pm
quote : #3
Sounds like this will be pretty cool.

satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:15 pm
quote : #4
That sounds awesome, but I'm wondering what games will support this.. Will they be MMOGs? or FPSs? I can't wait till there's more information on this. This will be awesome. Imagine the possibilities... I could be on my GC, my friend could be on his GC, my other friend could be on either his GC, PC, or PS2, and my bro could me on our PC. Can't wait..
Posted:
Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:36 pm
quote : #5
Yeah, I have 5 PCs! I could have a kind of a LAN party.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)