14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7
Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:43 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Do you prefer MMOPRGs or small party online RPGs like PSO?

Personally, I like the style of PSO because you can form closer bonds with your teammates and can have more control over the game.

What do you guys think?

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:49 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Personally, i was never a rpg fan. I play shootemups(sidescrolling/topscrolling), 2D fighters, and a few first person shooters. I am more into games that are more fast paced. I never really liked massive rpgs, they are too involved, too much going on, its like running a whole nother life or something. I started getting into dreamcast online gaming about 7 months ago, then i booted up PSO, since i had snagged a burned copy. I didn't leave my TV for 22 hours str8 and didn't talk to anyone, this was the firs ttime i had ever even seen the game in action or played it. It was like sensory overload. Action, Futurism, Realtime gameplay, character advancement, perfect combination.

PSO is just like a sidescrolling beat em up like Streets of Rage. You have levels....tons of enemies....items...and the boss. Make it realtime....3D and add tons of weapons upgrades, and you have a dope ass game. PLus its not like your required to be at a certain place at a certain time, like to maintain a house or something or some business establishment like other massive rpg's. If your busy and you can't play for a week, its no problem, cause the game bases itself on character development. I still would never really consider PSO an RPG even though it kinda is...i don't know its kind of like in a class of its own. Maybe call them Sub-RPG's or something. Hmm not sure.

But to answer the question I favor PSO style game play over MMORP's. Smile
rank 13
Posted:
Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:38 pm
quote : #3
i haven't had too much experience with MMOPRGs, so i'd have to go with PSO. But i hope FFXI will be my first. I can't wait any longer! Oh yeah.... no PS2 eheheh...
rank 24
Posted:
Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:41 pm
quote : #4
I'm not excited about FF XI. I actually haven't played FF9 or FF X because I was so dissappointed with FF8. I loved 4-7, but 8 was stale and unoriginal in every respect (with the exception of the idiotic junction system). I will play Crystal Chronicle, and we'll see if that can restore my faith in the Final Fantasy franchise.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
Suppa Buddha
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:49 pm
quote : #5
Yeah i know the feeling. I only like the old school ones. i played 8 and thought that was lame. 10 i got into but then just stoped playing. but if i had to id play the old ones.
rank 1
Posted:
Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:53 pm
quote : #6
I dunno i like pso but... i kinda like not having everything devided up if you know what i mean. Its like your just doing co-op online with pso, with mmorpgs its like you are in a big online world where you can do whatever you want. Not go through forest, caves, mines, ruins, rinse and repeat.