McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Sun Oct 12, 2003 12:00 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I was browsing through planetgamecube.com and saw this article:
Quote:
Nintendo issues an early morning release touting the success of the GameCube at $99.

Nintendo sent out a media alert early this morning announcing that GameCube has become the top-selling console in America since it's drop to $99.99 on Sept. 25.

Sales data from major retailers documenting sales for the week ending Oct. 4 shows GameCube outselling Xbox by 145%, and PS2 by 20%.

Nintendo also reaffirmed that Game Boy Advance has been outselling the competing consoles since it's inception, meaning that Nintendo now has two of the leading consoles as of this moment.

Very good news for us GC gamers, lets just hope it stays this way(not to insult PS2 or xbox)
Posted:
Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:36 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea they also recently lowered prices in the UK, and the gamecube sales in Europe are up 400%!!!!!!!!!!! Smart move by nintendo. This means more PSO gamers for us hopefully Very Happy
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:46 am
quote : #3
dont get your hopes up on new pso gamers. i used to have some friends from uk and there biggest problem as they told me was isp's that didnt charge by the minute. besides. they will mostlikly play on eu servers but one can jope.

Link00seven
rank 18
Posted:
Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:52 pm
quote : #4
Alright Nintendo!

I hope Nintendo stays in the lead. PS2 sux IMO. Xbox is ok though...

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:35 pm
quote : #5
I can't name any cool 'Japanese' X-Box games outside of Otogi and Shenmue II. Thus my Box sits in the coffin in came in, waiting for a new home. (Halo gets very repetitive. All you do is kill, kill, hop in Warthog, kill some more, etc) Suprisingly, I liked the recent Voodoo Vince, but it's not enough to warrant the purshase of an X-Box.

PS2 has all my favorite series (No, I'm not referring to Final Fantasy or Madden. Blech) and a nice amount of quirky games. There is never a shortage of cool stuff on Playstation 2.

GameCube is one part Dreamcast, one part classic Nintendo games in a great tasting stew. Sadly, it seems that the public is convinced by hype and is buying into X-Box while Cubes are neglected. Nintendo struck a crucial blow by droping the GameCube to $99. Microsoft already is bleeding profusely by selling X-Boxes at $179. They can't hope to compete with a $99 console. Even Playstation2 was knocked off its pedastal.

What I find amusing though, is that Dreamcast has outsold X-Box in Japan on more than one occasion. A discontinued 4-5 year old console with a slow trickle of new games is the more financialy viable gaming platform that the most technologically advanced gaming system backed by Microsoft? Whodathunk?

Sorry if I went off on a tangent. Laughing

-TheMytho

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:35 am
quote : #6
All I know is, the new great 99.99 price of the gamecube, will turn some peoples heads who up until now had never looked into getting a gamecube or playing it's games. This is a great thing. To see gamers who have neglected purchasing a gamecube based simply on other fanboy's criticism, now purchasing the system thinking, "hmmm it is just 99.99 i think i'll give this system a try". So now they can really see how amazing the gamecube really is and how great some of it's games are.

Plus it means a few more people who will snag up phantasy star online....and also more people for mario kart double dash. Smile