satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:39 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
OK, here it is:
http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/proxy.htm

Download that lil proggy and load it up. Have your gamecube connect to your computer as if you were using PSOProxy. Set up the HTTP server (if the GC is using 8080) to be whatever site you want. It didn't work with the HTTP server when I did it, so I went to the news server next (odd choice, eh?). I set that one up as google.com (in the proxy binding box) and it worked. I forget if I had http still enabled or not, or if I changed the port that the GC connects to. I was also screwing around with PSOProxy and changed the main HTML that it displays to something different. First I tried a jpg file, it wouldn't display it.... now I realize why... it was either out on the net (the PSO Browser stays in the same domain), or on my harddrive (I'm pretty sure the GC doesn't have a c:\tony\images\whatever.jpg..). But just an interesting side note. I also changed the PSOProxy HTML to a link to google. I forget if that worked or not.
Posted:
Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:46 pm
quote : #17
Type: NTSC-U/C
How are you linking PSOproxy to route through to analogX proxy server? How are you editing PSOproxy to route through to. You say "as if" using psoproxy, is psoproxy needed in this process at all? or is analogx the only thing used?
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:16 pm
quote : #18
thats crazy dude. too bad GC doesnt have a homebrew community like the DC does, thats why DC kicks ass

satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:29 pm
quote : #19
PSOProxy is being mentioned because that's how I stumbled upon this little "hole". No, it's not used in this process... I said "as if using PSOProxy" because of how you set the cube up to connect to your PC when you use PSOProxy. Just use those same settings, but run the AnalogX proxy program instead. It should work.