Page Location: Home > General Online > Topic
Nine
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:54 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I was just over at [url=www.gcadvanced.com/url] and they have a news feed about how Splinter Cell 2 is rumored to be online for the GC. Interesting huh? Whether this rumor turns out to be true or not, I think one thing that is for sure, Soon a developer will step up and lead the way for all future developers.

I think a company like Ubisoft, who in my opinion make some of the highest qaulity games for all systems, (Have you played Prince of Persia yet? - Insane) could be the one the to pioneer a new online revolution on the GameCube.

If this "rumor" becomes a reality, I know one thing for sure, M$ is going to be running around like a chicken with its head cut-off, trying to fiigure out how the company that denied online gaming, and spent ZERO amounts of their capital on anything related to online gaming (NINtendo), suddenly has one of the xbox's biggest hyped up games with the online features to match.

M$ spent millions trying to promote and become the leader of online gaming, if Nintendo starts getting the same games online on the gc, {without the subscription sevice like go live i might add) perhaps i'll finally realize why Nintendo opted out on online for so long, - they figured that they would let M$ pay for all the R and D - lol.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:23 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Splinter Cell will NOT be online for game cube. I guarantee you this. I have seen sites where its been confirmed to not have net support for cube. Also XIII would ahve been online for cube, in order to boost interest in online features for Splinter Cell 2, if it was gonna be online.

Bad rumour. And other sites are always thirsting for some new news thread to post. They don't care what it is. Gaming news sites are getting like tabloids these days.
rank 25
Posted:
Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:10 pm
quote : #3
I read in my magazine (EGM) that the GC online and Splinter Cell 2 don't really seem to go together but they don't say its a 100% sure. So maybe there is a really,really,really small probability it might happen... Confused Confused Confused

Nine
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:30 am
quote : #4
lordnikon wrote:
Splinter Cell will NOT be online for game cube. I guarantee you this.

Ahh, do you have shoot down my hopes so quick??? heh, Rolling Eyes j/k

Actually Im not that big of a fan of the game anyway. If I was to bet money on it, I would go with that it won't be online.

lordnikon wrote:
Bad rumour. And other sites are always thirsting for some new news thread to post. They don't care what it is. Gaming news sites are getting like tabloids these days.

I agree, yet in my opinion GC Advanced has a track record of being pretty credible (Use to be www.ultimategamez.com). This is the reason why the blurb caught my attention.

Nine
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:36 pm
quote : #5
OK, THIS IS WIERD!!!!

I just to went www.nintendojo.com and they have the same piece of news, but... this is the headline.... ONLINE PLAY CONFIRMED FOR SPLINTERCELL 2 ON GAMECUBE.

I don't know if id bet money anymore.

EDIT: Just went to www.nintendoinsider.com and www.n-philes.com and they both report the same thing. Im really glad I didn't bet.

DS: MPH: Team Battle Anyone?, Tetris, Worms, AC
PS2: Monster Hunter!