Page Location: Home > Mario Kart Double Dash > Topic
guyver2077
rank 6
Posted:
Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:04 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
k well since i never figured out my problem with getting pso to work with my bba i wanna atleast make some us eof it and mario kart.....anyone got it and wanna try it out...my up is slow..128....but i wanna jsut see how it is...thanx...im on aim at cubanflava68

martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:42 pm
quote : #2
I'll probably be available at some point to help you out. Maybe during the daytime this weekend? (That'd be the North American daytime.) Hit me up via PM and maybe we can work out a time that we'll both be available.

And with an upstream that slow it probably will be in SERIOUSLY slow motion, but I undertand the desire to just do it anyway to see it happen.

If anyone else needs help making it work, feel free to contact me. I've got a confirmed working setup, and I'd be willing to help folks troubleshoot their setups to get it going.

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:45 pm
quote : #3
sure, ill lay down a time to test Mario Kart, tomorrow around 7pm(CST) work for you?
Posted:
Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:17 pm
quote : #4
well im usually available at anytime this weekend...im always on aim anywayz so just aim me if anything...if not today i work tomm but sunday for sure im off in da afternoon/evening...*eastern time)

EDIT:
anyone??????? cmon i wanna try at least once

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:14 am
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
I would for sure, but now that the radio station at mixedculture.net is back up I can't test mario kart online at the moment. It drains every last drop of your upstream. And 50% of my upstream right now is being used for the radio station :[

Mad sorry I can't helpe test mario kart with people. Gotta run the radio station. If I test mario kart it will buffer the station hardcore, and prolly drop the connections.
rank 18
Posted:
Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:49 am
quote : #6
forget your radio station for an hour and play mario kart with us (I say "us" because tomorrow I will finally be able to join you guys!)

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:39 pm
quote : #7
ive been to damn pissed off trying to figure out why my HUB decided to not work(The it does for me to figure out my CAT5 cable is busted) so i cant even get online to help you, gonna be too busy til at least the 26th(Which is boxing day in Canada so everything is cheaper Very Happy )
Posted:
Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:40 pm
quote : #8
If anyone is testing this today (the 24th), be sure to send me a PM. I'll be off and on most of the day, and I'll probably be available to help.

Something to note is that you're going to have a very hard time getting it to work without being able to talk to each other and coordinate what you're doing (PM on OC is probably not going to be fast enough) so you should probably get some sort of instant messaging going. I think lordnikon is promoting the Sega IM client, so I would recommend that too. Just go to www.sega.com then click on "Sega of America." Next choose "the vault" near the left of the screen, and then go down just a bit and choose "get it" under "Sega Instant Messenger." You will need a Sega.com, SegaSports.com, or SegaMobile.com account, and if you don't remember your password or need to sign up, you will be prompted.

Another thing to note: I got Warp Pipe and MK:DD going once with lordnikon (he's in Chicago) and once with a guy in San Francisco (where I am), and the game to San Francisco was like a LAN game. My game with nikon was in ultra-slow motion, and we both have good connections. The moral of the story is that if you're halfway across the USA from each other, it'll work, but it'll most likely be super-slow. Still kinda fun, but slow. So once you've got it working, you're probably going to want to stick to games with people in (or very near to) your own state/ province/ prefecture/ whatever.

guyver2077
rank 6
Posted:
Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:13 am
quote : #9
well i didnt see that post yesterday..lol..im in miami so we should have a great lag filled game but i just wanna try it

satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:56 pm
quote : #10
Hey, I just played for about an hour and a half against this one person who just AIMed me outta the blue. 'Twas actually quite fun. It wasn't too laggy (and I think most of it came from my brother's game of Quake 2 that he was playing), but it was enough that it made playing offline seem like it was in super speed or something... I'm not quite sure where they were playing from, I'll have to ask them when they get back. If anyone else wants to play, however, I might be able to, depends on who's using what cube (I only have 1 BBA, and it's sandwiched between a gameboy player and a black GC right now) and when.
Posted:
Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:38 pm
quote : #11
let me know....i wanna try it out....im usually available at night (eastern time)