Page Location: Home > Archive - News > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:31 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C

You may have heard recent rumours about FZero GX having LAN play, it was on the Nintendo drawing board. However do to time constraints, LAN play for FZeroGX has been left out of the game.

Nagoshi states that, "Once you include a mode like that the multiplayer mode becomes the focus of gameplay. With F-Zero, we're more focused on the single-player game. That's the main reason we've not included it this time. "

However, there WILL be a level of internet interactivity with FZeroGX, and i am very pleased to hear it. After ranking up high scores, the game will then provide you with a password. You can go online and then enter in your password into a ranking system.

Miyamoto said, "We really want to open our games up to a wide user base. We realize that there are a number of people going on line these days. We're looking to do something similar to what we're doing with Animal Crossing E+ by way of people being able to go on the Internet and trade information without being connected to a GameCube. So that's what we've devised here for F-Zero GX."

If you own Ikaruga you will know how this works, Ikaruga also has a password ranking system that allows gamers to post their hi-scores on the net.

Last edited by lordnikon on Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:32 am; edited 3 times in total
rank 24
Posted:
Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:31 am
quote : #2
I didn't really care that much about LAN support anyway. It's too much work to get the equipment together unless your rich and have 2 TVs and 2 GCNs in one room all the time.

However, I do like the ranking idea since I enjoyed the similar system used in Shenmue's Passport.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
Truewrestler
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:28 am
quote : #3
well if there was lan support then people could probably link up over Gamespy ala Halo

Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:05 pm
quote : #4
Ahh, good point. I didn't think about that. Did you see that Kirby Air Ride DOES have LAN support?

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:08 pm
quote : #5
NO WAY!!!!!!! I am looking right now to verify this.....immediatly

WOW i jsut checked sites, ok adding this info as headline news immediatly w00t!!! GEA!
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:28 pm
quote : #6
Kirby air ride has LAN!? Whoa!! I was hesitant about getting the game before, but I just might now!
Posted:
Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:03 pm
quote : #7
Kirby Air Ride will be cool, but it sounds a bit simplistic. LAN connectivity could be a big selling point for it though.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:48 pm
quote : #8
Yea i am doing some research, i started but all i find are brief mentions, saying LAN compatible, but nothing in depth. If anyone has any detail links or Official press releases on Kirby's Air Ride, drop me a PM with da info. Thanx.
rank 24
Posted:
Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:51 pm
quote : #9
You can also look here:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ngc/gkyj/movies/htp.mpg

In addition to being a pretty cool video, you can skip to the end and see a screen that says LAN followed by some Japanese characters. I think that's proof enough.