Topic: Famitsu Cup!

Page 1 of 1
Link00seven
rank 18
Posted:
Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:16 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Yesterday marked the end to the Famitsu Cup! This is an event where all players on PSO Episode III battle in tournaments for the best score. The top 16 players chosen would then participate in a special tournament on a special ship.

From what I hear it was an exciting event! I wish I could have participated, but oh well. I'm not good enough anyway. From what I hear the people who did participate were mostly Japanese, even though my friend from PSOW, Shimaritsu, made it into the top 16. The winner of the tournament was a guy named Ring, but he is now the most hated PSO Episode III player online.

Why?

He basically cheated to win. He used a deck consisting of Red Slimes, and something else, and this deck, with the unbalanced-ness of the game, allowed him to be unstopable. Being that Sega reps were online and present during the trournament, you'd think they would've stopped use of such a cheap deck, and made people play a little more fair, but that Sega for you.

You can read the rant about this Ring fellow @ PSO-World in a topic called "Up yours, Ring"

All in all, the Famitsu cup sounded like a great experiece and I hope they do it again sometime when I acually can participate hehe.

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:53 pm
quote : #2
it'll be JP only i bet if they do it again, they like to screw us over Razz
Posted:
Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:24 pm
quote : #3
They may let US players join in, but probably not get any prizes (Like the Famitsu Maximum Attack on EpI

satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:53 pm
quote : #4
Linkooseven wrote:
They may let US players join in, but probably not get any prizes (Like the Famitsu Maximum Attack on EpI&II)

evil.. We deserve prizes just as much as the next JP player does..
Posted:
Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:11 pm
quote : #5
I agree, but its Sega were talking about here Sad

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:24 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea I saw the picks of the famitsu at psoworld I just stared and drooled. I want ep3 to get here so badly!!!! Hey linkooseven is it true you can run your own tourneys in the game...correct?
rank 38
Posted:
Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:20 pm
quote : #7
lordnikon wrote:
Yea I saw the picks of the famitsu at psoworld I just stared and drooled. I want ep3 to get here so badly!!!! Hey linkooseven is it true you can run your own tourneys in the game...correct?

correct, woould be cool to have weekly tourneys or something
Posted:
Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:26 pm
quote : #8
The tournament systems works as follows:

You goto the counter and select Tournament Mode. The game gives you a list of tournaments, all with different levels, rules, and number of players. You just sign up, by clicking the tournament and a slot. Any slot not filled by a real player will be replaced by a computer. Tournaments can be either 4, 8, 16, or 32 players.

And of course, if a particalar ship dont have any tournaments with the rules you like starting at a certain time, you can just goto another block and look.

I live for tournament mode anymore, its so frickin awesome.

satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:20 pm
quote : #9
Linkooseven wrote:
The tournament systems works as follows:

You goto the counter and select Tournament Mode. The game gives you a list of tournaments, all with different levels, rules, and number of players. You just sign up, by clicking the tournament and a slot. Any slot not filled by a real player will be replaced by a computer. Tournaments can be either 4, 8, 16, or 32 players.

And of course, if a particalar ship dont have any tournaments with the rules you like starting at a certain time, you can just goto another block and look.

I live for tournament mode anymore, its so frickin awesome.

Man, that sounds soo cool. It adds so much more replay value to the game. I can't wait.
Posted:
Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:51 pm
quote : #10
Type: NTSC-U/C
HOLLLYYYYYYYY SHIT this is gonna be so fucking awsome. We can have OC tournaments with EASE. HAHAHAAH this is gonna RULE! I can't wait for this game to game to come out. MAN. HURRY UP SONIC TEAM!!!!!!!!!
rank 18
Posted:
Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:18 pm
quote : #11
Rumer says March 2nd or February 17th.

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:19 pm
quote : #12
Linkooseven wrote:
Rumer says March 2nd or February 17th.

if its March 2nd i might sign up my EQ account another month before i renew my HL
Posted:
Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:36 pm
quote : #13
If you do that you get to play with me on EQ Smile

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:35 pm
quote : #14
Sega.com wrote: