Topic: Electronic Arts is Bias

Page 1 of 1
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:34 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I have noticed lately that Electronic Arts (EA) has been very bias and negitive towards Nintendo. EA reciently got an attitude when Nokia released their ill-fated N-Gage. EA slowed support on the Game Boy Advance (GBA) and started a devotion to Nokia. EA made a statement saying, "If I were Nintendo, I'd better watch out, because Nokia is going to dominate Nintendo's grounds." Being a Nintendo fanboy myself, I was very upset by that statement. EA, being one of the biggest developers for the N-Gage, has been critized for their actions in mags such as EGM and GamePro. When Nintendo just reciently made their announcement about their DS system, EA said that they would most likely not support it, and are going to the PSP direction. I am no longer going to support EA and their products since they are going to be snobs toward Nintendo.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:03 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well sorry to say it but this is business. EA is looking to make money. Thats the way the game works. Not much we can do about it.
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:29 pm
quote : #3
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:
I have noticed lately that Electronic Arts (EA) has been very bias and negitive towards Nintendo. EA reciently got an attitude when Nokia released their ill-fated N-Gage. EA slowed support on the Game Boy Advance (GBA) and started a devotion to Nokia. EA made a statement saying, "If I were Nintendo, I'd better watch out, because Nokia is going to dominate Nintendo's grounds." Being a Nintendo fanboy myself, I was very upset by that statement. EA, being one of the biggest developers for the N-Gage, has been critized for their actions in mags such as EGM and GamePro. When Nintendo just reciently made their announcement about their DS system, EA said that they would most likely not support it, and are going to the PSP direction. I am no longer going to support EA and their products since they are going to be snobs toward Nintendo.

I must disagree. One reason why is because EA specifially make many of their commercials end with the GameCube logo. I don't think they would do that if they were anti-Nintendo. Another reason is that historically EA has been one company that continues to support Nintendo products through thick and thin. Look back to N64 and currently the GameCube. I mean having sports games commercials followed by a GameCube logo doesn't fit my feelings about being biased and on the contrary makes me wonder why EA in fact does support the GameCube so much... lol

About the statement, I think it could of been something Nokia advocated them to say, or a warning to Nintendo from EA to make things easier for third-party developers. Actually I read today at www.nintendojo.com that EA is pondering whether to develop for the DS or not. I tend to believe however, that EA will support the DS, especially with the recent sales results on the GBA hardware.

As always I could be wrong and am definitely not afraid to admit it.

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:07 pm:

lordnikon wrote:
Well sorry to say it but this is business. EA is looking to make money. Thats the way the game works. Not much we can do about it.

Very True.

I don't know why, but it kind of makes me think about their slogan though -" Its in the game"- I wonder what "it" really is? Perhaps its some kind of monitoring device that makes them decide what console to publish games on in the future... Laughing

DS: MPH: Team Battle Anyone?, Tetris, Worms, AC
PS2: Monster Hunter!
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:52 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
One thing I am not too keen on....is they make you register at their site whenever you use one of their online enabled games...wether its for PC or PS2. For instance if I bought MOH:Rising sun....and for some reason EA took the servers down or changed their sign up or whatever the deal may be that would disrupt it's internet functions....I would be in the same situation I am now....with many of my once online dreamcast games. EA makes you sign up with their community....or....whatever the heck they call it now. It's limiting. I don't like it.
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:24 am
quote : #5
Yes. Decidedly not-necessary.