Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
evilnine
banned!
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:43 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
check it out peep's ur original mini disc gamecube can now play dvd's thanx to the 3rd party product "GBA movie player", the GBA movie player comes with software that lets u extract data from a DVD to the 258mb flash card implimented in the GBA movie player cartriage via your home PC, pop in the GBA movie cartriage into the GBA player for gamecube and your waching ur DVD movie, the GBA movie player can also play music files and e-books straight on your gamecube....this is great cause i personally rather pay for this than getting the panasonic Q, no matter how cool it looks, this option here is saving me $300.00 USD

gba movie player
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=246&products_id=3983

gamecube gba player
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=76&products_id=2470&
note::it does come in diferent colors::
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:43 am
quote : #2
thats great!

FOmar
Redria
lvl.5
satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:21 pm
quote : #3
a 256 megabyte (bit?) flash card? DVDs are 4.7gigabytes! (a gig is 1000 meg for those who don't know) There's no way you'll be able to fit even a decent amount of the movie on the flash card... Sorry... And the quality of it playing on a GBA mustn't be that good, so a DVD player is still the best way to go... And they're pretty cheap nowadays.
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:55 pm
quote : #4
okay heres a solution get a movie editor, and edit any unesserary features like the opening credits, the insight extras, and also the ending credits, after that it should be able to fit, c'mon dude use ur head
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:45 pm
quote : #5
No, seriously, think about it. Most of the disc is NOT the menus and credits and extras. I'm guessing most movies take up a good gig and a half of the disc, not including extras. The extras will take up considerably less (not only because of time, but also because of quality). You know why a DVD video looks so crisp and clear and overal good? It's because they didn't compress much. Compressing makes the movie smaller, but it also makes it lose it's quality. If (HUGE IF) you were able to compress a movie down into 256mb, you'd have no audio (audio is huge too), the video would be shitty, SHITTY, and that's not even factoring in the size/resolution of the GBA screen, and you'd most likely still be missing some of the movie...
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:55 pm
quote : #6
he's not saying you play them on the gba
PSO episode 1 & 2 characters (xbox): (not playing anymore)
rune HUmar: level 122
wren HUcast: level 68
Rune ver2 FOmar: level 69
Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:16 pm
quote : #7
He knows that EvilNine's not talking about a GBA screen, but Satoshi is saying that the peripheral device is made for the GBA. Therefore, if the resolution on the small GBA screen is poor, it will be even worse when played on the TV screen.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:47 pm
quote : #8
I have a Panasonic Q and it works just fine for me. The DVD quality is much more better than the Xbox and PS2. It cost $400USD (due to it being modded for all region), not $300 Sad

Mastershake
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:06 pm
quote : #9
interesting
PSO episode 1 & 2 characters (xbox): (not playing anymore)
rune HUmar: level 122
wren HUcast: level 68
Rune ver2 FOmar: level 69
evilnine
banned!
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:31 pm
quote : #10
well i like all the interesting factors that has been brought up for this unique device but i never did promise anything about movie quality or what so ever i just stated that your DVD movie can be played on your mini disc gamecube system thru this method, i never promised surround sound and crisp digital images, what can i say im a gamer open to new hardware, not the technical support for radioshack