Topic: If You Could...

Page 1 of 1
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:30 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I am just courious about everbody's opinions. If you could create the successor to the Nintendo GameCube, what would it look like, and what new features and improvements would it have?

Mastershake
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:36 pm
quote : #2
I'm not really into making imaginary fan stuff but if I must, I must.
A harddrive would be nice. Also built in modem. Just as long as it plays good games and can beat or match the other systems I'll be happy. I don't really care if they add DVD functions or anything like that.
PSO episode 1 & 2 characters (xbox): (not playing anymore)
rune HUmar: level 122
wren HUcast: level 68
Rune ver2 FOmar: level 69
DarkLink
rank 25
Posted:
Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:20 pm
quote : #3
Hmmmm...A hardrive...I don't think so..
The hardrive is the #1 cause of cheating on Xbox...You could modify it and it will act exactly as a computer. You could do all sort of things such as burn Xbox games into it...So a hardrive for a new Nintendo machine I don't see it happening...

satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:09 pm
quote : #4
DarkLink18 wrote:
Hmmmm...A hardrive...I don't think so..
The hardrive is the #1 cause of cheating on Xbox...You could modify it and it will act exactly as a computer. You could do all sort of things such as burn Xbox games into it...So a hardrive for a new Nintendo machine I don't see it happening...

That is unless they put in some sort of protection, the same kind used on their discs currently? Noone has broken the protection on the GC disc, but the Xbox and PS2 discs have been cracked (not literally) for quite some time. Nintendo knows what they're doing, and if they were to put in a harddrive, they'd do it right. Heck, you can't even do much with a PS2 harddrive yet (maybe because Sony hasn't officially released the hdd software), and that's just a regular harddrive (I stuck one in my PS2, SOCOM spins it up, but won't use it because it doesn't have the right software on it, maybe Nintendo could do something like that?)