Topic: Letter to Panasonic

Page 1 of 1
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:30 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
My Panasonic Q was acting up the other day, making weird noises and such, so I sent an email to Panasonic asking them for advice. This is what I wrote them:

Dear Panasonic,

I currently own a Panasonic Q. I have had it for about 1 1/2 years and recently it started to make humming noises when I turn it on; what do you reccomend?

This was their reply:

Please contact Nintendo for Game Cube problems.

So I contacted Nintendo and they said:

Please check the manual in the troubleshooting section for future help.

Unbelieveable; so then I gave up on them. (the instruction booklet is in complete Japanese text)

I took it to a local independent electronic shop for evaluation and it turned out to be that the fan was not totally secured when they put the system back together after it was modded and was slipping; It is fixed now. So my advice to people is to be cautious when importing consoles or you might end up like me.

Link00seven
rank 18
Posted:
Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:43 pm
quote : #2
I'll keep your advice in mind.

I would LOVE to pick up a Panasonic Q, but $450 (for a premodded one) is just to much...can you get them any cheaper w/o the mod? (I'll just play JP PSO until I can afford to get it modded...lol)

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:52 pm
quote : #3
Yea, the Q is my baby, that's why I have to take care of it Very Happy. Panasonic does not make them anymore (probably why they didn't want to help me) so the price tag has been going up. They range now from $450 to $500 modded, it all depends on who has them. I believe it is $50 cheaper to get one that is not modded. www.japanvideogames.com has unmodified Q's for $399. I bought the Game Boy player from there and they have pretty good service. The Game Boy player went up from $70 to $100, too. I'm glad I got mine in time. So if you want to consider getting one, I'd do it. It's sure to be a rare item in the future.

Link00seven
rank 18
Posted:
Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:19 pm
quote : #4
Well...I'm starting to save up because I want to build myself a better computer this summer, so I probably wont be getting a Q ever...oh well.

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:36 pm
quote : #5
That's cool. Self-built PC's are the way to go now, much cheaper.

Link00seven
rank 18
Posted:
Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:11 pm
quote : #6
I know, my friend told me his PC and what he payed for the parts, I was like "OMFG!"

They rip you off buyinge retail. I wish I would've known this sooner.

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:34 pm
quote : #7
Yes they do, but you got to consider that you need to take care of it because it does not have any warranty on it. My warranty on my Gateway expired a month ago and the CD-ROM drive just decided to quit working. I tried cleaning it and reinstalling it with no success. The damn thing is bolted inside the case so I can't take it out. Sad