Page Location: Home > Archive > Archive - PSO EP3 > Topic
Link00seven
rank 18
Posted:
Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:47 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Well well well, my game came today @ about 6pm! I've been playing it the last three hours, and so far, i'm very impressed!

I played one mission offline and won! I am a Hunter, the good side. Anyway, when I entered the first level, I was amazed by the graphics. They were totally AWESOME. I think you can take pictures while battling, and if thats the case, i'll get a snapshot to show you. You just have to see the graphics, there are so totally awesome.

Battling acually isnt to bad. I find it quite fun. You start by rolling the dice. I don't know what DEF is for, but ATK is basically what you can do. Higher attack means more you can do in one turn. After you roll you have to "Set". What you do in the Set stage is either, as a Hunter, set your weapons or special cards, or as a Arkz, set your monsters. After Set is "Move". Here is where you can move your character, or as a Arkz player, your monster. After you move, you acually get to attack in the "Act" part. This is where you attack with weapons or special cards. Or if your Arkz, attack with your monsters. Then, you can discard and draw new cards. This ends your turn.

Sound and music is very nice. I love the new soundtrack. I swear it's pure genious.

Anyway, i'll post a bit more later, I want to get back to playing!!

DarkLink
rank 25
Posted:
Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:38 pm
quote : #2
I hope this is a good PSO cuz i don't want to get dissapointed.. Smile Smile Smile

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:45 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
MAN that sounds insane. Take some snaps I am dying to check it out. Also I can't wait to see your char on PSO ep 1 & 2 with the yellow name on it. Smile Can you make "new" characters? Like are there new costumes?
rank 18
Posted:
Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:31 am
quote : #4
The costumes are the same as EpI&II, and this is for a reason. If you had new EpIII only costumes, EpI&II could not see them.

I would love to get a Capture Card, but I dont have one, so my only means of taking pics are threw the ingame snapshot function. I'll get some pictures and post them on tonight, that is of course, if i'm not busy playing. Laughing

Anyway, I can't wait to get home from school today, because, can you say...PSO EPIII ACTION?! OH YEAH!

I need to get better anyway Laughing

I think my favorite thing about the game IS the Stratagy. I mean, you have to know your cards. Now, since the game is Japanese, I have to play by Trial and Error. But, once I know what cards do what, I need to build a deck (30 cards) of weapons (or monsters for Arkz) special and defence cards. My deck right now is pretty basic, since I havent obtained many cards. After bulding a good deck by Stratagy, you have to play the stratagys in battle. Like, know when to use your defence card, calculate how much damage the attack will do, and see if a defence card is worth it or not. You also need to keep up on your HP, and just keep your eye on everything. I love it, always got to think, no resting.

The lobbies are fun too. I log in, and I automatically get transported to the CARD lobby. The card lobbies are very interesting. You can make special sound effects only EpIII players can hear. It's crazy stuff like an audience and a hello and stuff. It's fun. I can connect to EpI&II lobbies and servers, and I must say its funny going into Vega and having people say "WTF WHY IS YOUR NAME YELLOW!?!?" Laughing So great.

The card lobbies also have a Jukebox. You can play songs in the Juke Box by using Meseta. You earn Meseta by competing in Tournaments. The lobbies are have tables. I don't know what these are used for, but 2 people sit at the tables, and either battle..or something. I don't know yet. The last addition to the lobbies is the Clock. The clock appears under the ship your in (or when you press start while in P2) and shows the current time in Japanese Standard Time (GMT +9). What I like about this, I can just take the clock back 14 hrs and get my own time. No more of the "what time is it?" because I dont have a clock near me!

All in all, PSO Episode III is a great addition to the series. I'm have a great time with it. I can't wait to get home from school today and keep playing and getting better!

Ha ha, i've played the game for about 3hrs and 30min total. It's so fun Laughing I went downstairs to do my homework last night, and I couldnt, I was like "I can do this in Study hall, but I cant play PSO in study hall!" so I went back to play PSO!

Anyway, computer class is over, so i'll talk to you guys later.

Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:34 pm
quote : #5
That sounds great. I can't wait to play. Thanks for the info, Linkooseven.

Still, the lack of new costumes dissappoints me. I mean, yes, the people from Ep. I and II wouldn't be able to see the new outfits, but for Version 1 and 2 on the DC, there were new mag types. These mags just looked like baby mags. In other words, they could just make Hunters appear a certain way to players from the old version, but you could still have a new costume in the new game. That's the way it should be.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:18 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
Man Sonic Team better release a date for when this is hitting stateside. Just something to look forward to.
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:36 am
quote : #7
hmmm we europeans must wait so long for our release Sad
and i really want to try this game Sad

Link00seven
rank 18
Posted:
Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:04 pm
quote : #8
lol, bumped up a 3-4 month old topic lol.

You could always import the US release with a freeloader if you really wanted to ^_^

Coldwinter
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:47 am
quote : #9
yeah iknow but then i need to import and get a hold of a bootdisc Sad

Link00seven
rank 18
Posted:
Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:23 pm
quote : #10
It'd be worth it though, unless you want to share HL with a PAL copy of EpI

Nintendork
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:21 am
quote : #11
dude defense points are action points you use on your opponents turn, in response to an attack. you can only use them if you have a defense action card like dodge or guard.....i dont know if im really late sayin this tho