Page Location: Home > Archive - News > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:48 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C

This is the most recent information I could find. Also with it being a little over a month ago this news will continue as such for probobly the next few weeks. If Pandora Tomarrow does infact come to the gamecube with online capabilities, not only would Ubisoft make a bold move, but also be seen as a pioneer. The first company to bring a new official online game to the Nintendo GameCube. This would drive up sales drastically for the cube version of splinter cell 2. Also it would open the doors for more online cube games.

This was posted in a developer interview at 1UP on February 10, 2004 :

Quote:
1UP: Will the GameCube version have other multiplayer modes such as system link or split-screen?

Fouilleux: Again, The GameCube version has been delayed and will not be available in March as originally planned. For the time being, we can't comment on anything related to that platform.

Complete Interview:
http://www.1up.com/article2/0,2053,1523463,00.asp

Just to NOT get people all hyped up. I personally do no think this game will go online for the gamecube. At the moment it seems too far fetched almost like a fairy tale. However I can daydream. I must say, it is interesting that they gave no comment on the matter. maybe they are looking into it and could give it a chance.

rank 10
Posted:
Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:15 pm
quote : #2
Yes, it would be a wonderful reality if it were to have online functions. I don't see why not since the GameCube has all the fixings for online gameplay. Developers just need to come out of their nutshell and give it a shot; it's not like Nintendo's going to bite their heads off for it. Smile

Nine
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:32 am
quote : #3
If it is online, I will purdhase it.

It does seem far-fetched to think of it being online though. .. mainly because of the "Big N's" recent stance/comments on the subject matter. About it being late: Originally, the reason for the delay was because M$ had an exclusive contract .Ubisoft though, being the qaulity prone, precision oriented and overall successful developers they are, is taking avantage of that time. If they can work out enough of the bugs, I think i t will be online, at least via WarpPipe. Thats my two cents.[/url]

DS: MPH: Team Battle Anyone?, Tetris, Worms, AC
PS2: Monster Hunter!
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:56 am
quote : #4
lol. I started laughing when I read this. This is what the Xbox has to put up with when it's online. I sure hope the same isn't for GC or PS2.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/03/24/news_6092153.html