Topic: New Online RPG For GameCube!

Page 1 of 1
Nine
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:59 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Sounds awesome to me.... PS2 and XBOX got nothing on tthis ONLINE GameCube Exclusive title! Running my own server just sounds too good to be true. What n ow? oh yeah, here it is:

Quote:

Homeland To Feature Online Play?

New bits related to Chunsoft's GameCube-exclusive RPG, Homeland, have surfaced from Japan. By far the most intriguing is the revelation that the title will feature an "independent" online mode.

The game will ship on two separate discs, for regular and online play, respectively. Being that it is "independently run", the online-enabled version of Homeland will not incur players any additional fee. Basically, instead of connecting to specific servers players will run their own servers, which are said to support up to 30 people.

The player running the server will act as an overseer, pseudo-narrating the events of the game by introcing new entities and events. This individual will have the ability to view each other player's complete stats as well.

All very intriguing, it is expected that Homeland will hit Japanese retail at some point this summer, with no mention anywhere of a localized release. (wj)

Source: Game Science

Lets hope for a US confirmed release date. However I may import this one.

http://www.nintendojo.com/infocus/view_item.php?1080260728

DS: MPH: Team Battle Anyone?, Tetris, Worms, AC
PS2: Monster Hunter!
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:11 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw independent gameplay means we could play the game online regardless of region. Yea the language barrier might pose as a problem though.

This news is enormous though. Truly enormous.

I'm going to make a more thorough official news post about this right now. With some images. Never trying to gank the fact that other people find information just trying to inform. :]
rank 25
Posted:
Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:13 pm
quote : #3
This is nice.....maybe more developers jump into the online wagon and hopefully Nintendo is reading this....WE NEED MORE ONLINE GAMES NINTENDO!!!!!!!