This is sad news for Nintendo.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/04/13/news_6093427.html

Nine
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:07 am
quote : #2
profile : pm
This is kind of sad, but at the same time, expected. I think all developers should really develop for multiconsoles, especially in this day and age of three consoles with unique markets. I also think that Silicon Knights will continue to develop awesome games for Nintendo consoles though too. Looking at the video game industry in terms of business/profit, I don't think companies can survive on their own as Independent second party's or whatever. Without (constantly increasing) subsidization from a major player, (like Nintendo) companies like Silicon Knights can't profit as much as they need too.

Perhaps it was Nintendo that realized the partnership was too expensive to maintain. Or like it says, perhaps it really was a mutual financial decision on the parts of both companies. It was probaly the end of a contract...? Or the accountants and mathematicians just realized the partnership is no longer as prosporous, when compared to what could (possibly?) be happening for S.K or Nintendo...

I don't think this means the end of S.K. games on Nintendo consoles. Perhaps S.K. is developing a multiconsole Online "Too Human"...??? Oh well. Goodbye S.K. - Thanks for two great games so far...

DS: MPH: Team Battle Anyone?, Tetris, Worms, AC
PS2: Monster Hunter!