lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:14 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
http://www.arxmage.net/ffcc.htm

go check that out, check out the pictures. WOW. It made me weepy. Knowing gamers out their are getting creative at networking their gamecubes.

BTW: I'm going to build this!!!! 3 cubes 2 gba players (need 1 for the host and 2 cubes to represent 2 gba's.)

For basically 2 player FF:CC gameplay. Since I probobly will never have 3 or 4 people over at a time.

Man, that's just so dope though Very Happy
rank 15
Posted:
Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:30 pm
quote : #2
I would think that you would be spending more money by using this alternative connectivity than just having everyone go get a used GBA for $40-30 and a cable.

Bottom Line: It looks alright, but not very practical for average gamers.

-Mytho

satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:22 pm
quote : #3
Yea, the Gameboy thing would be MUCH better, but this is just plain COOL. Especially if everyone has at least one Gamecube, y'all can just pitch in on another GC, but the GBPs would cost some money...
Posted:
Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:46 pm
quote : #4
that would be frickin awsome if i had friends.... that played GCN. but non-the-less, thats one great setup. but the only thing is, its very expensive. but Very Happy

Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:35 pm
quote : #5
That might be the coolest thing I've ever seen.

By the way, if you plug a link cable into a controller slot and then into a GB player on the same GCN, does the GCN just think that there is one controller in slot one and GBA in slot two which cannot be controlled or what?

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:32 pm
quote : #6
very neat, but i thinks it's just easier to buy 2 GBAs
Posted:
Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:32 pm
quote : #7
TheMytho wrote:
I would think that you would be spending more money by using this alternative connectivity than just having everyone go get a used GBA for $40-30 and a cable...

The author (Phelps) actually made a pretty good point.

If everyone who wants to play already owns a GameCube and a small extra TV (which is very likely), then this setup is actually about the same price as buying four GBAs (and a whole lot sweeter). How? Game Boy Players cost $50, and that is about the same price as a used GBA. Assuming (as we have) that all four players already own (and are willing to bring over) a GameCube and a TV, you're looking at the same price.

It would be even easier if any of the four players had those LCD screens that some people have for their GameCubes.

I like. Very Happy
TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:36 pm
quote : #8
I see your point, but I don't think it's terribly convient for times when you want to play on short-notice. Not to mention how much of mess of cables it would be. For ease of use, go with the GBA set-up.

If your bored and want to try this or can't use Gameboys (little screen, don't have/don't like), then I suppose this is your only option. Confused

-Mytho