Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
Previous  1, 2

Forum: GameCube Lounge

Topic: Nintendo!!

Page 2 of 2
Would u sign a petition ask Nintendo to make more offically online games?
Yes, i would!! ill pm u my email adress!
82%
82% [ 14 ]
no, Nintendo is doomed
5%
5% [ 1 ]
im not sure
11%
11% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17
AC/GC
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:25 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
It just sucks when games like XIII is online for PS2 and seXbox but not for GC. If GC had more exclusive online games, then they wouldn't have as many quality offline games. I don't really know of any exclusive only-offline games that make it worth buying a different system. Plus you have to rely on people online too. Just look at all the GSer's. Atleast you know you're safe when you play offline.

>Ghouls and Ghosts better be good. And as for LAN, I think it'd be better to play online with 8 friends so you don't need to have all the stuff and you'd have a full screen.
Master Cheif
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:41 pm
quote : #17
well personally i think that nintendo doesent have many online games because that is not its purpose, however Xbox has like 10 or 12 out now, thats because Gates it trying to Monopoloze on online console gaming, nintendo has always been the family system, kids can play mario and stuff but will be damned when it comes to online gaming, and except for the phase in N64 where games were 70$ nintendo has kept costs for games down, on Xbox you need a third-party cable modem, and service wich comes to 200$ when you start out, but GC is only 50$ for online set up.so in the long run i hope they have more online games, but im not holding my breath on it, i hope they follow Xboxs lead where you pay for onlinse service every year as apposed to a monthly rate per game.
KASH
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:44 am
quote : #18
I wish sc2 was online
Posted:
Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:39 am
quote : #19
Type: NTSC-U/C
I wish ANYYYYYYYY fighter was free to play online. So far over dreamcast, ps2, and gamecube, PC, there is not ONE fighter that is playable online in the US. I am a huge fighter fan, especially 2D fighters. I have been craving an online fighter for a long time.
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:17 pm
quote : #20
I know that sucks
Posted:
Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:49 am
quote : #21
I don't understand why Nintendo doesn't push the online gaming, at least from my perspective. Its kind of sad that the Dreamcast has more online games--its a dead system. This is where the older gamer goes to---online games. I've played some 'Cube games and its a great system but when it came down to buying one of the 3 systems, i looked at PS2 and XBOX only. The DVD play back helped but the online gaming helped as well. I ended buying an XBOX ( i could care less if some kid hates Bill Gates ) and don't regret it. XBOX LIVE is looks real nice but i haven't got it yet. I'll be getting a PS2 and building a PC before i get a cable modem connection. Nintendo is slow to innovate on this and LAN games don't help if you don't have a PC to Tunnel. So, yes...i think more online games should be made, why not? Its got a broadband adapter, why not use it more? Nintendo is gonna do what it wants to. Lord Nikon didn't think there was any 2D fighting games online, but wasn't there a Capcom/snk fighter on XBOX LIVE?

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:58 am
quote : #22
freshcut_t70 wrote:
Lord Nikon didn't think there was any 2D fighting games online, but wasn't there a Capcom/snk fighter on XBOX LIVE?

Capcom Vs. SNK 2 is Live-enabled. And the upcoming SNK Vs. Capcom Chaos will also be Live-enabled, along with Guilty Gear X2.

-Mytho

martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:11 pm
quote : #23
TheMytho wrote:
freshcut_t70 wrote:
Lord Nikon didn't think there was any 2D fighting games online, but wasn't there a Capcom/snk fighter on XBOX LIVE?

Capcom Vs. SNK 2 is Live-enabled. And the upcoming SNK Vs. Capcom Chaos will also be Live-enabled, along with Guilty Gear X2.

-Mytho

He said "...free..." and "...over Dreamcast, PS2, and GameCube..."

He specifically excluded Xbox. Yes, there is currently one and only one online fighting game in North America (Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO for Xbox). It requires Xbox Live and therefore it isn't free. It is only online with the Xbox.

Yes, SNK vs. Capcom: Chaos for Xbox is supposed to be Live enabled, as well as Dead or Alive: Ultimate. But those are not out yet and will both only be online for Xbox (via Live). I admit that I'll probably be getting myself a Live subscription once those two hit, but only because I have to. I can't imagine a good reason that SVC: Chaos couldn't be online for GameCube or PS2, and I wish there was at least one other option for online fighting games.

"Xbox of nothing" may be very true to the spirit of Microsoft, but I really don't like it.
TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:53 pm
quote : #24
lordnikon wrote:
I wish ANYYYYYYYY fighter was free to play online. So far over dreamcast, ps2, and gamecube, PC, there is not ONE fighter that is playable online in the US. I am a huge fighter fan, especially 2D fighters. I have been craving an online fighter for a long time.

Well, technically, you can play ROMs of most fighting games online for free if you have an emulator that supports a networked protocol such as Kiwaks.

I think it's ignorant loyality if you shun one system over the other for petty reasons. For example:

Fool: I don't like GameCube because Nintendo is a kiddy company.
Mytho: Did you even PLAY the GameCube? Not every game on there is rated E.
Fool: No, I didn't because it looked so ghey.
Mytho: Well, YOU HAVE NO REASON AT ALL TO DISRESPECT THE GAMECUBE . Why not try Metroid Prime or Eternal Darkness if your not into the regular Nintendo line-up? They are not rated E and have a more serious approach.

Or....

Fool #2: I don't like Xbox because Microsoft is behind it.
Mytho: Your point? You think Sony is any different? Did you play the Xbox?
Fool #2: I see your reasoning. I think I'll give the Xbox a shot now. Some of the games on there look so awesome like Project Gotham 2, or Crimson Skies.

-Mytho

freshcut_t70
banned!
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:10 am
quote : #25
When i went to buy a new system i looked at price and what you get with that money spent. My friend has GameCube and i played it, i thought the graphics were really good and the selection of games were more then adequate. PS2 has the most games and dial-up as an online option which the 'Cube is very limited on. The PS2 also DVD playback and an add-on hard drive but costs a 100.00 bucks. I finally looked at the XBOX, it has a built in hard drive and is online (expensive though). The games on average look better and load a lot faster. The DVD doesn't have any problems like the PS2 did. I decided on the XBOX because it looks like the best over all buy. i would like to have all three systems but that won't happen for awhile. I'm saving money to buy a house and clearly have to look at my priorities so buying that many games and systems isn't gonna happen.

martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:46 am
quote : #26
freshcut_t70 wrote:
...have to look at my priorities so buying that many games and systems isn't gonna happen.

Exactly, and you're not the only one. There are a lot of people out there that can only afford one system. If they didn't choose Xbox, then they've got zero options for online fighting games. Capcom vs. SNK 2 did come out for the GameCube and PS2, but wasn't online. Pity.

The Xbox is a great system with excellent online capabilities, tons of horsepower, and an incredible ability to make games look great (especially if you have an HDTV). It's just not the system that everyone goes for, and it is a shame that it is the only system that has online fighting games (and there is nothing on the horizon that looks like it will change that).

Back to the inspiration of the thread, yes, I think it is safe to say that everyone on these boards wishes that Nintendo would make and/or encourage the production of more online games for GameCube. It seems like a no-brainer but apparently Nintendo doesn't see it that way.

At least the DS will have online gaming (via WiFi, even).