Topic: Four Swords!

Page 1 of 1
Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:15 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I got Zelda: Four Swords today, and I must say the multiplayer is awesome. My brother and I already had two GBAs from playing Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, so we picked this game up. The GBA use here though is no gimmick it really adds a hell of a lot to the fun factor. Finally a game that uses connectivity very intelligently. Pick this game up, it's a heck of a lot more fun than most other games out there right now, especially with multiple players.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:40 pm
quote : #2
Does it come with a free link cable as advertised? I already have two cables, and if I got a third one for free, that would allow me to play with both of my brothers.
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:42 pm
quote : #3
This is officially my next purchase. Since i've already got the cables from FF:CC this'll be perfect Very Happy
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:03 pm
quote : #4
satoshi wrote:
Does it come with a free link cable as advertised? I already have two cables, and if I got a third one for free, that would allow me to play with both of my brothers.

I ordered it off of ebgames.com and it said that it comes with a bonus plus a free Zelda t-shirt Very Happy, so I'm assuming that the bonus is the link cable. I checked on it's status a while ago and it has not shipped yet so I assume I should have it by Friday.

Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:41 pm
quote : #5
The game comes in a box that contains the game disc and a link cable. Man this game is fun. I only wish I knew two other people with GBAs who would want to play Zelda with me.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:50 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
Wait does this game work like FF:CC? Like do you link up GBA's to play multiplayer?

Let me know cause if so this is all the more reason to get both FF:CC and Zelda 4 swords.
rank 24
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:52 pm
quote : #7
Yeah, you hook the systems up in the same way, but the GBA is used as an inventory screen in FF: CC while Zelda: 4 Swords makes better use of the connectivity and displays the interiors of caves, buildings, etc. It sounds strange but adds a lot to the game.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:59 pm
quote : #8
Lunar Eclipse wrote:
Yeah, you hook the systems up in the same way, but the GBA is used as an inventory screen in FF: CC while Zelda: 4 Swords makes better use of the connectivity and displays the interiors of caves, buildings, etc. It sounds strange but adds a lot to the game.

WOW that sounds awsome. Crap then it looks like I might just have to pick up this game. Damnit! LOL. I'm so broke. Well I'll add it to my list of things to eventually get this summer. The classic gameplay really has me excited lately. As I have been going back to my roots as of late.
rank 24
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:02 pm
quote : #9
Yeah, the game reminds me so much of LTTP. I loved that game so much.

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:49 pm
quote : #10
Lunar Eclipse wrote:

Yes, it was the greatest game on the SNES. I was excited as hell when it came on the GBA. Very Happy

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:36 pm
quote : #11
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:
Lunar Eclipse wrote:

Yes, it was the greatest game on the SNES. I was excited as hell when it came on the GBA. Very Happy

LTTP and Wind Waker are the only Zelda games I enjoyed.

I was a bit miffed that Nintendo cut Tetra's Trackers from the other releases of the game, but I heard it wasn't anything special.

-Mytho

Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:07 pm
quote : #12
Yeah, but Tetra's Trackers would have been cool to have. I'm mad about that too.

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:01 pm
quote : #13
Lunar Eclipse wrote:
Yeah, but Tetra's Trackers would have been cool to have. I'm mad about that too.

Tetra's Trackers was a disappointment in Japan, that's why Nintendo cut it from the USA GC version. You shouldn't judge an entire game off of a mini-game that was omitted that almost no American knows about; remember, screen shots and video clips cannot show you a whole lot than the actual hands-on gameplay; that's how games become over rated Smile. I've had Four Swords since last afternoon and enjoy every bit of it.

Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:30 pm
quote : #14
Yeah, it is hella-fun without Tetra's Trackers, but it's not like it would've hurt to bring the extra minigame to the US (although I know it would have been necessary to get a voice actress).