Page Location: Home > 1080 Avalanche > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:42 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I am so impressed. I really do love this game. The snow is so ultra realistic. The menu design is nice and smooth

The thing that really makes me love this game so much is its wide range for improvement while your playing. I could prolly play this game for a whole year and still have new and different ways to approach each level. Pulling off better tricks and doing it faster and more efficient each and every time.

The loading times are great as usual with the cube.

Another great feature is when its snowing really really hard. Occasionally a snowflake will hit the screen and melt off. This game was in production for a very long time. When you really sit down and play it and analyze it. You can see why. They added so many nice touches to the game.

This game is such a quality pickup. You don't necessarily have to be a snowboard game/extreme games enthusiast to pick up this game and play it. Anyone can play this game. Its very easy to pick up and play. Novices can play it, and experts can master it. This is what makes this game so great.

Posted Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:48 pm:

Ok wow another thing I have to point out. I just found out about it. You press time out and can press left or right on the D-Pad and instantly switch tunes to any tune on the games soundtrack while you are playing.

Now that is freakin awsome!
rank 10
Posted:
Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:51 pm
quote : #2
So would you rate this game better than SSX3? I have neither copies and would like to know which is better in your opinion before I buy one.

Kontact
rank 5
Posted:
Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:15 pm
quote : #3
I would say they vary enough to warrant purchasing both. Overall IMO if you go with one get SSX3. That series is unstoppable, however 1080 is just different, like Nintendo different, you could play ssx and then go play this and not feel like you have two similar games.

satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:54 pm
quote : #4
Kontact wrote:
I would say they vary enough to warrant purchasing both. Overall IMO if you go with one get SSX3. That series is unstoppable, however 1080 is just different, like Nintendo different, you could play ssx and then go play this and not feel like you have two similar games.

Yea, I agree with this. SSX and 1080 are so different, I don't understand how anyone can compare the too... I've played 1080 on the N64, and both SSX Tricky and SSX3 on the GC. 1080 is much different than SSX. I can't really describe it, but, while they're both great games, they're both different games.
Posted:
Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:49 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
Dark Slayer 5000 wrote:
So would you rate this game better than SSX3? I have neither copies and would like to know which is better in your opinion before I buy one.

This is a very tough question to answer. Both games are very different. 1080 just hit me in all the right ways. It appeals to me as far as its overal design and gameplay mechanics the most. 1080 is more of a racing game with an emphasis of pulling off tricks before you reach the bottom. SSX3 is all about big air, and big tricks. SSX3 when kontact brought his copy over, looked phenominal when he played through the 30 minute mountain. There is a mountain that actually takes 30 minutes to get from top to bottom, its a key feature in SSX3.

1080 is just different. There are multiple secret logs and areas to access within each track. There are all types of things happening around you as you play. Huge ice shards falling all around you.

In 1080 when you blast through trees snow powder and branches snap and break off. The snow in the game looks as realistic as it gets. Huge plums of powder and snow. Also your clothing ripples in the air as you ride and if you fall snow sticks to your clothes.

I'll be giving a full review of 1080 once i get the reviews section up for sure.

Honestly rent both if your entirely unsure. I think SSX3 is good enough where you could buy it and chances are you would be completly satisfied with it. With 1080, I don't know. Either you'll find it pretty good, or you will love it with a passion.

I am one who totally loves 1080 and can't get over how amazing this game is. But don't fully take my word for it since....its all my opinion. Different people are different gamers. So do some research as well do see which game would suit you best.