Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:42 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yah know, I know the game is really wierd with the whole chicken theme. Sega said they wanted it to be the next sonic. LOL I think the whole chicken concept is a little too off-kilter to push the game as franchise. Thing is though, this game really is pure genious. It's so odd I laugh when I play it. The gameplay mechanics in this game are just awsome. you hatch open eggs and can use items or animals inside the eggs to your advantage. Also there is a egg gallery, kinda like in Jet Grind Radio or something where it shows all the different eggs you have discovered. An awsome feature.

The cool thing about this game is once again, sega does it again. Replay Value. I could sit around rolling these eggs around forever. It just never gets old. Plus the game has a pretty robust multiplayer aspect which i can't wait to try out.

Has anyone else played this game? What are your thoughts? So far I am loving it.
rank 18
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:33 am
quote : #2
I always thought it looked crappy--but you cant judge a game by its cover--so if you say its good, maybe i'll give it a rent.

Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:19 pm
quote : #3
I was intrigued when the game was first announced, but I was less than impressed with the demo that I played. Did you play the demo and find the full game much more impressive or what? I can't decide whether or not to buy a game that simply didn't blow me away when I played it. What are the redeeming qualities of the game? Is it just freaking fun to roll an egg?

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:58 pm
quote : #4
I played the demo and didn't find it too appealing. It felt like a pre-teen platformer to me; but everyone has their own personal taste.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:39 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well I really liked the demo, and the game. So I guess I'm in the minority. *shrugs* Don't take my word for it though. Rent it or something to see if it's worth the purchase.
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:14 pm
quote : #6
lol... Don't worry about it. I used to play Yoshi's Island on the GBA
like crazy and people mocked the hell out of me about it and I was like,
"Shut up! this game is the shit!" Very Happy If you play Billy Hatcher long
enough, you'll find Sonic throughtout the game. Smile