Topic: Wow, just beat FF:CC

Page 1 of 1
McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:03 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Must say that was one of the best boss fights from ANY game i have ever played. I started the final level at aroun 10:00pm and ended at 11:55, almost 2 hours for one lvl, also considering i waited til my character was a lot stronger then he needed to be.

Just a week ago i had less then 3 hours played into it, now i got 20+ hours.

Now i'm going to try and get every last artifact :)

Posted Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:09 pm:

Also me and my brother and his friend are going to beat 3 player soon Very Happy
Posted:
Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:36 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Nice does the game play good in single player? It's all a realtime battle system right? I have been wondering wether I should pick up this game or not. How's the multi?
rank 38
Posted:
Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:06 am
quote : #3
Multis intense if you can get the things, of course you need someone to carry the chalice, me and my bro take turns carrying it.

Single player modeis a lot of fun, once you get to the 5th or 6th year the bosses REALLY get hard

Either mode is tons of fun though
Posted:
Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:34 pm
quote : #4
Ugh. I really didn't care for FF:CC. I'd reccomend you get Zelda: Four Swords instead. Very Happy

-Mytho

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:39 pm
quote : #5
RingRing are there alot of enemies on the battlefield at once? Like PSO? How is it from an action standpoint.

TheMytho wrote:
Ugh. I really didn't care for FF:CC. I'd reccomend you get Zelda: Four Swords instead. Very Happy

-Mytho

Hmmm I don't think we were talking about Zelda 4 Swords, and I never mentioned anything about getting one or the other. I was Just asking about McRingRing's opinions on FF:CC.
rank 15
Posted:
Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:52 pm
quote : #6
Well, I was insinuating that you were thinking about getting one or the other. You never said "Ring, I just want YOUR opinion on FF:CC. No one else can give their view on it or I will strike you down."

I went ahead and posted my opinion of how I felt about the game a long time ago. I might as well do the same now:

Quote:
I rented Final Fantasy and a friend and I played co-op. Was a little dissapointed in this game.

Nothing seemed to click in the same way like PSO or Balder's Gate. I came in expecting the start of a exciting new Square series, and exited thinking all the time spent making those neat special effects could of been more wisely spent studing the competition's games. (Snowblind's awesome Balder's Gate and Champions of Norrath). The GBA interface was too awkward for me. I would of opted for a transparent map of the area ala Diablo II than having to look down at my GBA screen. Honestly, I would rather use the controler than the Game Boy. In Dark Alliance, what my friend and I would do is just make trips back up to the tavern to sell our belongings every twenty minutes or so. It hardly bothered me. Having to wait for my friend to get out of the GBA menu in Crystal Chronicles greatly annoyed me more than Balder's Gate. Oh man, don't even get me STARTED with the bucket..... Twisted Evil They hurt the gameplay for the sake of the story on that one. Why not just have the characters be blessed with charms that repel the misma or have a natural immunity to it? To me, that wouldn't hinder the story and it would only help the gameplay.

I would give it a 7 overall. Nice effort, but I would of rather had FFXI for Cube than this. I'm just happy I didn't blow $50 on this. Thank you Blockbuster. Now, I'll go back to playing True Crime.

I'm really sorry if you don't respect my take on the game. Zelda: Four Swords and FF:CC seemed a tad bit similar to me (Zelda focuses more on puzzles, whereas FF:CC goes for combat), so I wanted to steer you in a good direction rather than just go "OMG FF:CC is so cool jus becuz Square mad it."

-Mytho

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:18 pm
quote : #7
Crystal Chronicles is a wonderful game; you can actually let the enjoyment soak in while playing it with other people, while Four Swords only takes 5 hours to complete, and that is just by yourself.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:35 pm
quote : #8
TheMytho wrote:
so I wanted to steer you in a good direction rather than just go "OMG FF:CC is so cool jus becuz Square mad it."

Word yea I have never been a Square fan. Remember I am not an RPG gamer by heart. I play PSO, and anything else is really hard for me to get into. Since FF:CC has a realtime battle system and is a rather 'different' game than the standard square forumula....this is why I am interested in the game. Sorry if I jumped on you about the zelda thing. Been reading so many threads over at gamespot lately and its a troll every other thread left and right. So my apologies.

I think I will pick up FF:CC eventually prolly. With the way today's industry is going, the game will plumit to 19.99 within a few months. Plus I have so many games I am playing right now I have no problem with waiting till this game drops to dirt cheap.
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:51 pm
quote : #9
lordnikon wrote:

Sorry if I jumped on you about the zelda thing. Been reading so many threads over at gamespot lately and its a troll every other thread left and right. So my apologies.

Glad we could reach an agreement over this. Didn't seem like your nature to just blow up. Smile

lordnikon wrote:
I think I will pick up FF:CC eventually prolly. With the way today's industry is going, the game will plumit to 19.99 within a few months. Plus I have so many games I am playing right now I have no problem with waiting till this game drops to dirt cheap.

It's worth $20 to me. I would even go as far to say that I would pay $30 for this. You might find this article about the current pricing trend to be an interesting read.

-Mytho

Mastershake
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:20 am
quote : #10
i sorta want to play this game, but i dont have that many friends to play it with. plus i dont have any money. so, whatever. lol
PSO episode 1 & 2 characters (xbox): (not playing anymore)
rune HUmar: level 122
wren HUcast: level 68
Rune ver2 FOmar: level 69