marioman
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:32 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Well hackers ruined the xbox version for me. There were so many ppl who either were hackers or got there good items from hackers. It just took the fun out of getting good items, and the fun out of the game. Is the GC version like this?
Posted:
Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:19 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea there are still item dupers and users who use duped items....

However there are probobly just as many legit players out there as well. You can find legit only unpassworded games in deneb 09 and some in antares 08 sometimes as well. Others are scattered throughout the ships. But in the end its not hard at all to find legit gamers to play with. Everytime I go on and there arn't oc gamers on, I don't have a problem finding a legit game. Because usually legit gamers ALL ask you when you enter there game, "are you legit?". Or if you ask them. So its pretty cool.

You have to have a keen sense of the difference between a hacker and a legit player. Sometimes hackers/duped item users will say they are legit just to play. But when they stop waiting for you, are killing all the enemies and not letting you get exp....and then ditching you when you go to bust open boxes.....then you know they are most likely cheaters. Plus by the items they possess.

But in the end you gotta be kinda carefull so as to not falsely accuse someone of being a cheater.

All the gamers here at this site are legit. Me, McRingRing, Mastershake, and DarkLink all play pretty regularly and continue to pay for our hunter's liscenses even during droughts where we are busy or cought up with school or work.

We played a ton this weekend......basically ALL weekend.

So there are some great gamers here to hook up with for some quality PSO.

But in the end GC PSO has one miraculious location where there are legit gamers playing 24/7. The c-mode block, JP:Alcyclone 6. It's pretty much packed round the clock. You can't use your normal items or cheat at all line c-mode. And since there are gamers there all the time it's a great place to play. Specially if your a fan of c-mode.
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:10 pm
quote : #3
Thanks alot, when i pickup my gc and if i can find a good deal on pso I will be sure to play with some of you guys. Btw, srry i havent been around on here or the DC site much, ive been busy. Its good to see you all again (for those who rember me). I rember me and lord had a great game of chu chu rocket once, too bad that isnt online anymore Sad.
Posted:
Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:33 pm
quote : #4
marioman wrote:
Thanks alot, when i pickup my gc and if i can find a good deal on pso I will be sure to play with some of you guys.

Sounds like a plan Very Happy

marioman wrote:
Btw, srry i havent been around on here or the DC site much, ive been busy. Its good to see you all again (for those who rember me).

Of course I remember you. It's great to see people who have come across this site and interacted continue to come back to the site even though they get busy. We all get busy. School, Work, Other hobbies, etc etc all are a fact of life. So it's nice to see people continue to come back even though they have been gone for a while.

marioman wrote:
I rember me and lord had a great game of chu chu rocket once, too bad that isnt online anymore Sad.

Yea man, good times. Was a great game. Hopefully we get to play some great online games down the road together.
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:45 pm
quote : #5
Well we can play pso, once i get my gc. Should i get ep 1 and 2 or ep 3? I wont be able to get it until august due to money but soon enough I will be on, sence they share the same fee for online (i think) I may get both. To bad i wasnt able to get a $5 of pso at the big circut city sale Sad.
Posted:
Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:58 pm
quote : #6
marioman wrote:
Well we can play pso, once i get my gc. Should i get ep 1 and 2 or ep 3? I wont be able to get it until august due to money but soon enough I will be on, sence they share the same fee for online (i think) I may get both. To bad i wasnt able to get a $5 of pso at the big circut city sale Sad.

I recommend getting Episode 1 & 2 first, and then getting Episode 3. And yes the HL fee covers both games. So you get to play 2 games online for 1 fee. It rules :] Plus your Guild Card List is mirrored over between the 2 games. Oh and also if your on Ep3, you can go over to the ep1&2 lobbies.
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:27 pm
quote : #7
Thats cool, i think i will get pso ep 1 and 2, but i dont wanna pay full price, i gotta find a good deal on ebay or somthin.
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:29 am
quote : #8
i would also like to add that PSO+ is being released Q3 so finding ep1 and 2 will be a lot harder.

If your wondering, PSO+ has East tower, west tower, Seat of the Heart quests offline as well as ep2 challenge mode offline.

Just wanted to tell you
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:29 am
quote : #9
McRing_Ring wrote:
i would also like to add that PSO+ is being released Q3 so finding ep1 and 2 will be a lot harder.

If your wondering, PSO+ has East tower, west tower, Seat of the Heart quests offline as well as ep2 challenge mode offline.

Just wanted to tell you

How do you know all of this If it does I'm getting it no matter what... Shocked Shocked Shocked

Mastershake
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:27 am
quote : #10
DarkLink18 wrote:
McRing_Ring wrote:

Just wanted to tell you

How do you know all of this If it does I'm getting it no matter what... Shocked Shocked Shocked

go to www.planetdreamcast.com/psoworld, or look it up on google or something.
PSO episode 1 & 2 characters (xbox): (not playing anymore)
rune HUmar: level 122
wren HUcast: level 68
Rune ver2 FOmar: level 69
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:22 am
quote : #11
McRing_Ring wrote:

Just wanted to tell you

WOE WOE WOE Where did you hear this? So far I have heard no official word that PSO Plus is being released stateside. Link?
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:34 pm
quote : #12
Go to nintendo.com and search 'Phantasy Star Online', PSO+ should be the first one to show up, the page has no info except Q3 2004
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:57 pm
quote : #13
Seems like nintendo is having some content issues at their website. The design comes up but all text and stuff isn't working I can't pull any data from it at the moment. Anyone else seeing the same thing?
rank 38
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:34 pm
quote : #14
hmm... ill go check... nope i'm not having any problems