Page Location: Home > Archive - News > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:17 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C

Well the unthinkable has happened. North American gamers will be getting the new upgraded version of PSO Episode 1 & 2. And it's happening sooner than you think. The current release date is set for 08/24/2004(according to ebgames). Not only this but it will be selling for a discount price of 29.99. Seems like a logical price to me. Since many gamers purchasing the game already own the original and it is just an upgrade.

New features in the PLUS version include:
- The current online-only Tower quests as offline quests (Seat of the Heart, East Tower, and West Tower).
- Offline EP2 Challenge mode spanning across VR Temple, VR Spacechip and Gal Da Val island
- GBA game Downloads: Chao Garden, NiGHTS Score Attack, and Puyo Pop should all be present (these are/were attainable online, but will now be available offline).
- New weapons and equipment.
- Character data can be transferred over, similar to the way DC PSO characters could be transferred to DC PSO v2.0.
- Other non disclosed offline content.
- Bug fixes have been made to prevent the shop dupe
- There is NO MORE DOUBLE SAVE!

Last edited by lordnikon on Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:09 pm; edited 3 times in total

rank 9
Posted:
Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:42 pm
quote : #2
nice. I'll definetly shell out the cash to get it, and its at such a reasonable price! Can't wait for this one. Mr. Green and luckily i wont wait long ^_^
PSO episode 1 & 2 characters (xbox): (not playing anymore)
rune HUmar: level 122
wren HUcast: level 68
Rune ver2 FOmar: level 69
TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:51 pm
quote : #3
Mastershake wrote:
and its at such a reasonable price!

I wouldn't pay more than $30 for PSO+, so I thought it was a good deal as well. I'll be getting it. Mr. Green

-Mytho

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:06 pm
quote : #4
well, i guess i have no choice but to get it, its just so damn cheap, it may be close to $40 CDN but thats still damn cheap Mr. Green
Posted:
Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:08 pm
quote : #5
Sounds like a good deal to me. I really hope that multiplayer quests can be initiated offline, but I doubt it'll happen.

Also, are you sure about the new weapons and items? I read nothing about them on gamestop.com, and PSO World made it a point to say that there would be no additional items. IGN said that new weapons might be included, but I have nothing solid. Anyone know more about this?

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
Link00seven
rank 18
Posted:
Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:18 pm
quote : #6
There were no new weapons included in the Japanese Version of PSO+.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:40 pm
quote : #7
I mean ep2 offline cmode weapons. My bad.
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:36 pm
quote : #8
dam well ill get it no matter what...but kinda sux paying 30 for a minor update....would of been nice for more extras

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:57 pm
quote : #9
guyver2077 wrote:
dam well ill get it no matter what...but kinda sux paying 30 for a minor update....would of been nice for more extras

At least Sega isn't charging you full price like V2 on Dreamcast. There was no monatery incentive to buy what was basically a patched version of the first game.

-Mytho

Dark Slayer 5000
rank 10
Posted:
Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:14 am
quote : #10
Wow, this comes as a surprise to me. Was this even mentioned at E3?

Link00seven
rank 18
Posted:
Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:22 pm
quote : #11
TheMytho wrote:
guyver2077 wrote:

At least Sega isn't charging you full price like V2 on Dreamcast. There was no monatery incentive to buy what was basically a patched version of the first game.

-Mytho

Ver.2 acually gave you alot of new stuff though. This is more minor then what ver.2 gave you.

SONICR
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:38 am
quote : #12
I am so glad that Sega&Sonic Team are finaly bringin PSO+ here. I pestered them months ago with some emails trying to convence them to bring it here, the last Sega rep said he would give SonicTeam all the emails I sent and inform them of the idea. guess they actly listened eh?
Posted:
Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:06 pm
quote : #13
This game will be sweet, but when it comes out I don't think i'll have as much time to waste playing it as I do for ep 1 & 2 Mad
PSO episode 1 & 2 characters (xbox): (not playing anymore)
rune HUmar: level 122
wren HUcast: level 68
Rune ver2 FOmar: level 69