Topic: Another online Title

Page 1 of 1
osx089
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:19 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
this is comming straight from gamestop.com. in the past, they haven't had the official word on game info... but i have heard about ts for ps2 being lan. so maybe this is a step in the right direction... Exclamation Laughing

It’s a race through time in TimeSplitters: Future Perfect, the sequel to the critically acclaimed first person shooter franchise, from the developers of GoldenEye. Battle across through the centuries to change the past and alter the future with a massive arsenal of period firearms.

* Multiple gameplay modes: Featuring a story mode with co-op, an arcade and challenge mode and a split screen multiplayer and online mode.

* Create and Share Maps Online: An improved mapmaker interface makes it easier to create multi-player maps and share and play them online with friends.

* Time Travel Gameplay: An innovative "meet and assist yourself" time travel gameplay lets players be their own ally by teaming up with past and future versions of themselves.

Along the way, you’ll get help from your past and future selves as you travel through the ages to infiltrate historic castles, annihilate evil robots, and more. In addition to the improved story mode the depth of gameplay will be endless with a co-op, arcade and online multi-player mode, which will give gamers hundreds of hours of exciting gameplay.[u][/u]

satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:55 pm
quote : #2
That says nothing about the gamecube version.. and TimeSplitters 2 for the PS2 (and Xbox?) was LAN enabled, so it's nothing special for this one to have LAN capabilities on the PS2..
Posted:
Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:32 pm
quote : #3
satoshi wrote:
That says nothing about the gamecube version.. and TimeSplitters 2 for the PS2 (and Xbox?) was LAN enabled, so it's nothing special for this one to have LAN capabilities on the PS2..

Exactly, and no need to get our hopes up either
Posted:
Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:22 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
These online shops and also review sites do a horrible thing. They just copy and paste the same description for the xbox and ps2 versions to the gc section. So many times it will say "play online multiplayer" in the gamecubes description. When in reality there is none, and the employees just copied it over to save time or something. I hate it when they do this.
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:23 pm
quote : #5
lordnikon wrote:
These online shops and also review sites do a horrible thing. They just copy and paste the same description for the xbox and ps2 versions to the gc section. So many times it will say "play online multiplayer" in the gamecubes description. When in reality there is none, and the employees just copied it over to save time or something. I hate it when they do this.

Seriously. I read the different reviews because I want to know the differences and the specific features of each version! How can I trust information like that from a website that re-uses their reviews and is full of Xbox-specific information int he PS2 area?!? Arg!

I don't even bother anymore.