Page Location: Home > Mario Kart Double Dash > Topic
McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:45 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I just unlocked EVERYTHING in Mario Kart, including Petey Piranha(sp?) and King Boo, but i just realized that unlocking everything has taken an element away from the game.

Having said that, i would just like to tell you all that, unlocking everything may seem like a good thing, but it also means that you have nothing else to do.

I'm still gonna be Karting on and on, but now i wont be after any specific goal
Posted:
Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:57 pm
quote : #2
I guess that is the reason why I only beat the 50cc cup and I said to myself don't beat it just yet... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Sat Dec 06, 2003 7:01 pm
quote : #3
i might start over on another card, but beating 150cc Special Cup was a bitch and i dont wanna repeat it
Posted:
Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:50 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
My goal is to play a lot of time trials. Thats what i did after beating mk64....and remember on mk64 there were no unlockables. Smile But until I get really really really used to mk:dd's power slides....I won't get into timetrials that much. No jump on the powerslide really makes it hard to do them.

I havn't even played offline multi-player battle modes. Hopefully my friend will come over soon and I can try them out.
rank 38
Posted:
Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:53 am
quote : #5
the best battle mode game i ever played on Double Dash is Bob-omb blast, 4 players on the last level you unlock(wont say a name Rolling Eyes )
Posted:
Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:35 pm
quote : #6
On both MK64 and MKDD there are ghosts to unlock AND beat. =D There are only 3 though on MK64. But I have beaten em all. =D But on MKDD I haven't played as much and only beaten some of them.

Chile
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:38 pm
quote : #7
i have everything i believe but the the mushroom cart, the gold one. u have to beat all 16 levels on mirror mode which is very hard.

martianviking
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:05 pm
quote : #8
Chile wrote:
i have everything i believe but the the mushroom cart, the gold one. u have to beat all 16 levels on mirror mode which is very hard.

I just finally did that the other day. It is nice to have the Parade Kart unlocked, because it's a decent kart that all weight classes can use.

I still haven't unlocked any ghosts, though. I guess I need to start practicing those shortcuts.
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:15 pm
quote : #9
Type: NTSC-U/C
I guess it all depends on how you look at it. For me unlocking everything opens all the options for me. I pray on these kinds of games. Games where you can just boot them up and get right into them. Play a few races, zip around the track. I love racing games simply because I like doing time trials. When I am all worn out, and not ready to take on a game with a lot of thinking, it's great to just cruise around the track taking in the graphics and working on your times.

I still have a ways to go on unlocking things. I am at mirror mode right now, I still have to unlock all of mirror mode.