Page Location: Home > Archive > Archive - PSO EP3 > Topic
nibelheimpromise
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:36 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
So I just bought ep. 3 today and have played about 5 hours of the story mode so far and totally dig the game... actually, to be honest, I enjoy it more than ep. 1 and 2... Just something about the card battling that really gets me (even though I actually hate card games in real life)... anyhow, so I'm about to go online with this bad boy... but I was wondering if you guys could give me some pointers... you know... just the basics of the community, what to look out for... how to win... how NOT to lose. just some tips that will help me not get completely owned in my first battle...

thanks for your guys' time.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:45 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I play EP3 but just have played with people on this site. RingRing knows more about the overall ep3 card community than I do. I actually have just played with a few people on here. Do you have ep1&2 also? or just ep3 now?

I really like Ep3 as well. Let me know and we'll hook up and play the 2 new maps.
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:53 pm
quote : #3
unfortunately, as of right now, I only own ep. 3. I have owned EP. 1 and 2 before, but traded it in a while ago. perhaps I'll find myself a copy and pick it up along with PLUS. but yeah, I would love to hook up and play some good ole ep. 3... Quite frankly, I just want to play the game online period, whether it be with you or anyone else... I hope the community is hacker-free and is competitative... cause, then, that would rock. how come the ep. 3 board is so dead though?

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:22 am
quote : #4
Episode 3 community is shit, people are competetive and will FSOD or whatever just to win matches which is pretty damn stupid.

Unfortunately the only way you're gonna meet some ep3ers is by playing in Vega, noob central. You can usually join a tournament with other lvl 1s and meet some people you have better cards then.

I kinda stopped playing ep3 hardcore when I corrupted, just got my first S-rank card too Evil or Very Mad
Posted:
Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:15 pm
quote : #5
nibelheimpromise wrote:
how come the ep. 3 board is so dead though?

The GC-OC website is pretty small. There are only about 9 people that regularly post here. Sorry it doesn't meet your expectations. Maybe hit up another website.
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:36 pm
quote : #6
maybe the sega boards, more there
Konradshohe Lvl 21 (Skyly)
DarkLink
rank 25
Posted:
Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:20 pm
quote : #7
Yes I agree with Nikon but if you stop and think about it..in general there are not many people who actually play that game...I started playing it just like the first 3 weeks after I got it then I completley stopped and the Online experience was shitty for me from the beginning my levels are 7 online and 30 offline..Figure that one out Smile Smile

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:21 am
quote : #8
I really like playing EP3 though. It's an awsome game and it's really fun. Maybe when more people have it here. We can set up some good 2 vs 2 action Very Happy That would be freakin awsome. And we could setup like mini-tournaments or something. Me and ringring always hop on for some co-op against the cpu. Personally I think co-op is best in ep3 still, cause pso experience for me has always been a co-op one. But I wouldn't mind going head 2 head against friends. Some friendly competition would be cool.
rank 25
Posted:
Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:16 pm
quote : #9
Alright one of these days when you up for it let's play some Ep3 because this week lately I've had the feeling of playing it. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

McRing_Ring
rank 38
Posted:
Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:23 pm
quote : #10
Yeah, I'm still always up for episode3, I just don't like playing with strangers. 1 on 1 has no cooperation, which just sucks. And 2 vs 2 means you just have a lot of pressure cause of the other guy