Page Location: Home > Archive > Archive - PSO EP3 > Topic
Nine
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:05 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Episode 3 baby! Here I come! Very Happy

In the meantime I will be on PSO 1 and 2 as much as posible in the next couple days. Then again, I still do have to finish my research paper, Confused, but after this project I am nearing the end of the semester. Rolling Eyes Besides Twin Snakes, PSO will once again be my games of choice (and probaly consume most of my spare time like last year) in 2004. The excitement is growing... Perhaps a couple last ep1/2 quests before we become consmed for the battle of the heros or arks Twisted Evil ... anyone?

PS: Die5x will be returning to PSO 1,2 and 3 soon too.

DS: MPH: Team Battle Anyone?, Tetris, Worms, AC
PS2: Monster Hunter!
Link00seven
rank 18
Posted:
Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:19 pm
quote : #2
Trust me, you will LOVE EpIII.

I did, and I couldnt even read the damn thing. I'm pickin up the US release though! I cant wait to read the story, and read...well...anything.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:42 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Wel I will still be playing ep1&2 more than ep3...i rpolly won't be able to get ep3 for a week or 2. Waiting on proper funds to support purchasing it. I have been playing ep1&2 a lot more lately. I worked like crazy on my Fo last week.
rank 24
Posted:
Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:06 pm
quote : #4
I can't wait. I'm getting mine immediately after it comes out.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
Link00seven
rank 18
Posted:
Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:15 pm
quote : #5
I got $30 so far after selling my JP EpI&II. (Anyone want a JP EpIII...lol)

I need to get $20 more. I dont plan on buying another EpI&II (US)...frankly, after 2 yrs of it...im sick of it. If I get the money for a used EpI&II (US) ill pick it up and use my EpIII US serials...but Im not buying it new.

Nine
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:01 pm
quote : #6
I tried to find it in stores today, even though I already paid a deposit at EB, I was so excited I was going to buy it anyway if I found it. Actually I'm spending some of my rent money on it, and Im going to have to pawn something to cover rent, lol. Laughing I am just too excited for my own good, I guess, but I think I can get away with it... I hope!

As I mentioned I expect to be on eps 1 and 2 frequently too. Actually I have a feeling I will be doing a lot of experimenting with both games at first (checking out the interactive features and seeing how they work together?) So either way, I hope we can play soon. Very Happy

DS: MPH: Team Battle Anyone?, Tetris, Worms, AC
PS2: Monster Hunter!
Nintendork
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:21 am
quote : #7
its great, but the story line is a bit weak because of the fact that theres just not enough about it. what they do have is very cool though, but its about the battles, not the story. i slightly disagree though, but, nothing i can do

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:56 pm
quote : #8
I actually thought what they tried with the storyline was pretty cool actually. I enjoyed the cutscene artwork in the story mode. It's not super indepth, but you never got to see such cutscenes in ep1&2, just lots of dialogue.
rank 25
Posted:
Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:34 am
quote : #9
lordnikon wrote:
I actually thought what they tried with the storyline was pretty cool actually. I enjoyed the cutscene artwork in the story mode. It's not super indepth, but you never got to see such cutscenes in ep1&2, just lots of dialogue.

Yes I agree with you the cutscenes are the best....pretty cool addition and one thing I really like is the telepipes in the artwork.

Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:44 am
quote : #10
I actually never got very far into Episode 3. I really need to pick it back up and play it again, but from what I did play, there seemed to be a much better storyline thatn what was offered in Episodes I and II. However, because you have to talk to the NPCs after pretty much every mission to get the story, many probably missed it. Also, the cutscenes you get are depedent on which characters you use and which missions you accomplish, so once again they could be missed. I played with a guide, so I got to see a lot of the story. I just couldn't stand the DICE, so I quit playing. It was like I could have the most powerful deck possible and still lose because by random luck, I would roll 1's. I just felt like I wasn't really in control, plus it was very slow paced.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:09 am
quote : #11
Well see that is the thing, you can't pack a deck with all ultra powerfull cards. You have to know your not going to get a good roll all the time. So you still have to use sabers and guns and low level beasts and such. Otherwise if you roll a low number, you are screwed.

Yea it is slower paced, turn based, and more strategy involved. This is why I actually like the game because it gives me a different experience from ep1&2.