Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
nibelheimpromise
rank 3
Posted:
Mon May 23, 2005 5:12 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
First , we had RE4 that showed people that the gamecube means business and has the capabilities to equal or even surpass the power of the other two consoles it competes with on an everyday basis in the gaming world. Not ONLY did RE4 showcase the best graphics the gc has to offer, but it showcased the absolute power the gamecube has by, perhaps, having some of the best visuals on any of the current gen. consoles. But not only did it have unbelievable graphics, it also had unparalleled gameplay, fantastic audio and sound effects, as well as an intriguiing storyline... ...

Now, let's be honest here... Capcom has a good history of releasing bad ass gamecube games (viewtiful joe 1 and 2, resident evil: remake, along with zero, 4) and Killer 7 will be NO exception. I believe that the gameplay in killer 7 looks unreal. Sure, some people might have their skeptical opinions regarding how it's set up, but I have faith in the game, capcom, and it's style. I think the idea of a rail shooter is an interesting one, and how it actually looks in motion is a lot more impressive than it sounds. It may not seem all that exciting hearing that it's a rail shooter because well... you're not personally moving your guy whichever direction you desire - but to be honest, Killer 7's bad ass factor doesn't rely on it's gameplay necessarily but by it's incredible storyline, graphics, gore, and anime-inspired style.

I think Killer 7 will be one of those games that gamecuber "haters" say: "damn... that looks pretty good." Much like RE4, I think K7 will make people buy a gamecube-even if it's specifically for the game. I believe Killer 7 will just be another statement for nintendo to show the world that the gamecube isn't JUST a "kiddie console" and it can stand up to the competition, look it in the face, and smile because the gamecube knows it's good, especially when it slams great game after great game in the faces of all of those who oposse the gamecube.

So anyhow, Capcom's next game will be a gc masterpeice. And then, what makes me even more excited is the fact that Capcom already has another amazing game in development for the cube, that game being Viewtiful Joe VFX Battle. So, this post is kinda pointless, but I just wanted others to know about K7 a little more if you don't already - and just for the sake of creating a topic to rant about how the gamecube is amazing... ^_^

I <3 my gamecube.
rank 47
Posted:
Mon May 23, 2005 6:47 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Who cares what other people think. Who cares if people call the gamecube kiddie. Who cares... The console wars stuff is really lame . You shouldn't be searching for games to serve as some sort of icon to gain social acceptance for your interest in a game console. You should take Killer 7 on its merits alone and just buy the game and appreciate your gamecube. If people don't get the awsomeness of the gamecube then its their loss.

With that being said, Killer 7 looks to be an awsome game. I personally can't wait to play it, and it seems as though Capcom is one of the few companies these days producing original innovative titles.

Just curious, but have you played P.N.03 yet? (amazing game)
rank 3
Posted:
Mon May 23, 2005 7:23 pm
quote : #3
Well let me first clarrify that I'm in no way, shape, form trying to start any sort of console wars here on the OC boards - nor am I trying to gain acceptance by talking up the gamecube... If I wanted to do that, I'd do it someplace where there were people who were putting down the gamecube and/or comparing it to other consoles... I was just simply stating how amazing I think the gamecube is... and considering how much I like the OC boards, I figured I'd come here and rant and rave about killer 7 and capcom in general... sooooo, basically what I'm trying to say is: I'm sorry if I sounded like I was trying to ... "bully" people into believing the gamecube is the best system... Mr. Green ... even though it is. Well actually, it takes a back seat to the Dreamcast, BUT still.

^_^

Anyhow, I agree whole heartidly with you Nikon in the fact taht Capcom does seem to be one of the very few companies producing creative, or in your words, "innovative" games. I really love their approach in the gaming world, and I love nearly everything they do... And I'm sure Killer 7 will be just another title that I add to the list of "Amazing Capcom Games."

And YES, I've played P.N.03... heh, now this may sound completely stupid or even pathetic, but we have a local game store here in Cincinnati, and they actually imported the game before it came out here in the states... So, what I'm getting at is: I have two copies of it: an imported copy, and a domestic copy. I say that this may sound pathetic because P.N.03 isn't a game one would necessarily... import. Hehe, but I did, and I don't regret the $60 I dropped for it. it's an outstanding game (even if it's a bit repetitive at times). The graphics are really slick and look really stellar. Oh, and is it just me or is Vanessa extremely hot? Especially when you fire off some of those bad ass moves and she kinda... "dances" as/after she does them?

Hehe, anyhow, the moral of the story is: I really like P.N. 03. ^_^ Actually, I'm really suprised to see someone actually like P.N.03. Most people I talk to, say how lame it is... I personally think it's a phenomenal game.
rank 3
Posted:
Tue May 31, 2005 10:33 am
quote : #4
I actually thought this might sell a few more gamecubes, then they announced a PS2 release Sad

Anyways, still looks like an incredable game. Verry different than any ive seen before to say the least. Now, I cant wait for Geist!