Page Location: Home > Support > Getting Online > Topic
nyfth
rank 1
Posted:
Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:44 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Shocked my gamecube is not reading any games. Does anyone know what is wrong? I cleaned them.
if not, Does anyone know the trouble shooting site for gamecube.

satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:50 am
quote : #2
It's probably an issue with the laser not being aligned or being dirty or something. I really can't point you anywhere as this has never happened to either of my cubes in the past. I got the occasional DREs, yes, but that seemed to be a PSO problem.
Posted:
Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:30 pm
quote : #3
the last time that happened to me...i had to get a new GCN. it took a month for me to get it ( not to mention the addtl 80 bux)

Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:58 pm
quote : #4
Yeah, I've gotten a few DREs on PSO which truly pisses me off, but other than that I've had no problems. There are quite a few FAQs floating around the web about the laser alignment issue which may or may not be the problem with PSO. Anyways, good luck with fixing your problem.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
Kidvid711
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:20 am
quote : #5
Simply Recalibrate the eye. You need a speacail screwdriver you can buy in order for you to do that. It happened to my friend's gamecube as well.
Posted:
Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:37 pm
quote : #6
Kidvid711 wrote:
Simply Recalibrate the eye. You need a speacail screwdriver you can buy in order for you to do that. It happened to my friend's gamecube as well.

Ive seen my share of broken gamecubes, and have never had to open one up to fix it. Just take a q-tip and dip it in windex, then clean the lazer, then dry it off with the other end of the q-tip. Repet many times. Ive fixed many gamecubes that way.
Kidvid711
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:50 am
quote : #7
Yeah, thats another way to fix the eye problem. That was my friends first choice of course onto fixing the Gamecube, but it still had reading problems. The only way he fixed it was by recalibrating the eye. His GC eye wasn't dirty. Just need recalibrating. Check www.Gamefaqs.com There might be some other sullutions.

*I'm comming to PSO online in august 9th*