rank 15
Posted:
Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:58 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
http://cube.gamespy.com/gamecube/geist/640076p1.html

GameSpy wrote:
...There are three MP modes in the game -- "Possession Deathmatch," "Capture the Host," and "Hunt," all played from the usual Nintendo split-screen view -- that can be played with up to eight players over LAN … if you can find one of three GameCube owners in America with Broadband Adapters...

Shocked

Can this be true?!

-Mytho

Mod edit: Title editted so nobody else has a heart attack

satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:03 pm
quote : #2
Holy CRAP!! THAT'S FREAKING AWESOME Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Posted:
Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:17 am
quote : #3
O

M

G

free

king

out
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:15 am
quote : #4
That means we could tunnel it online right?

TheMytho
rank 15
Posted:
Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:24 am
quote : #5
gRiMgRaVy014 wrote:
That means we could tunnel it online right?

Yes. Using Kai, WarpPipe and other tunneling software, we could tunnel it. But you have to take bandwidth into careful consideration, and limit it to 2-4 players, since the game is not optimized for online gaming.

If this game does indeed have LAN, then I fully intend on getting together with a friend of mine who has a BBA and playing some full-screen deathmatch (once I acquire my own BBA, of course Razz). If the game turns out well.

-Mytho

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:24 am
quote : #6
Too bad Gamespy is wrong. Chad Paulson contacted Matt Casamassina from IGNCube about the matter and Matt confirmed that the near-final version of Geist they received does not feature LAN play. He went on to state that the Gamespy writer must have assumed there was LAN because you can play with up to eight "players" -- four are human controlled and the other four are A.I. opponents. Gamespy = PATHETIC.

The above was posted at gamefaqs. Geist has no LAN.

I had a news post up and everything as a pre-thread on the subject matter. Spent a while on it too. Fuck gamespy in the ass.

Want to send them hatemail?

Go here:
http://feedback.gamespy.com/
rank 24
Posted:
Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:26 am
quote : #7
Ha, what's really funny is that IGN and Gamespy are merged.

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:31 am
quote : #8
Lunar Eclipse wrote:

On paper...
rank 24
Posted:
Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:49 pm
quote : #9
lordnikon wrote:
Lunar Eclipse wrote:

On paper...

Yeah, I know, I just though it was kind of ironic that IGN and Gamespy gave conflicting reports since they did recently merge, oh well . . .

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
Chile
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:30 pm
quote : #10
lordnikon wrote:
Too bad Gamespy is wrong. Chad Paulson contacted Matt Casamassina from IGNCube about the matter and Matt confirmed that the near-final version of Geist they received does not feature LAN play. He went on to state that the Gamespy writer must have assumed there was LAN because you can play with up to eight "players" -- four are human controlled and the other four are A.I. opponents. Gamespy = PATHETIC.

The above was posted at gamefaqs. Geist has no LAN.

I had a news post up and everything as a pre-thread on the subject matter. Spent a while on it too. Fuck gamespy in the ass.

Want to send them hatemail?

Go here:
http://feedback.gamespy.com/

DAMN! I was so having my hope up! Mad But I actually laughed out loud at when you put the feedback address. Very Happy
Konradshohe Lvl 21 (Skyly)
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:01 am
quote : #11
I just don't get how this stuff can happen though. Just goes to show you how bad internet based journalism is. There are no standards. Its getting to the point where factual errors are seen as "oopsies" rather than serious problems.

I find it to be unacceptable.
rank 24
Posted:
Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:06 am
quote : #12
lordnikon wrote:
I just don't get how this stuff can happen though. Just goes to show you how bad internet based journalism is. There are no standards. Its getting to the point where factual errors are seen as "oopsies" rather than serious problems.

I definitely hear you on that point. Honestly, there are so many mistakes made that it's ridiculous. Too many online reviewers and journalists make assumptions and almost never have anyone to check their facts.

Chile
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:23 pm
quote : #13
lordnikon wrote:

yeah, internet journalists can just go back and edit it later. however, magazines can't. They typos and other bad misconceptions take months to get back to them, so they have to be right.
Konradshohe Lvl 21 (Skyly)
satoshi
rank 23
Posted:
Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:40 pm
quote : #14
Chile wrote:
lordnikon wrote:

yeah, internet journalists can just go back and edit it later. however, magazines can't. They typos and other bad misconceptions take months to get back to them, so they have to be right.

I can see your reasoning, and I bet it's because it's true, but that's honestly no excuse for internet journalists. They should stiil need to have everything correct (or as correct as can be) BEFORE they publish it!
Posted:
Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:00 am
quote : #15
Bummer. Really, this games looks quite interesting and I'll probablly pick it up down the road regardless, but LAN would've made me get it upon release.

And I totally agree, this is really unexcuseable, especially when some people get paid to do this Neutral