Page Location: Home > Mario Kart Double Dash > Topic
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:14 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Both SNES and N64 version had a Haunted Mansion style level. I really wish Double Dash had one. Crying or Very sad
rank 25
Posted:
Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:27 pm
quote : #2
Well, if you play the Versus Mode there is actually a mansion type level but it's not like the ones on previous games of course.

mcmonkey
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:29 am
quote : #3
yeh the luigis mansion level in battle mode is great fun.

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:13 am
quote : #4
yea I just kinda wish there was a "classic" haunted mansion level. Having Boo in the game as a playable character is sweet and all just wondering what it would be like to play some classic mario in fresh gamecube 3D.

Since almost all of the new Mario Games on the cube were sort of...different.
rank 15
Posted:
Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:07 pm
quote : #5
lordnikon wrote:

Damn straight... *thinks back to Mario Sunshine* Neutral

-Mytho

Lunar Eclipse
rank 24
Posted:
Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:37 pm
quote : #6
lordnikon wrote:
yea I just kinda wish there was a "classic" haunted mansion level. Having Boo in the game as a playable character is sweet and all just wondering what it would be like to play some classic mario in fresh gamecube 3D.

Which is one of the reasons I'll be picking up Mario kart for the DS: 16 retro tracks and 16 new tracks. I'm totally psyched about it and can't wait to play with some of you guys online. Sorry if this is a bit off topic but I thought I'd just let you know that the classics will be making a comeback in a more visually pleasing form on the DS (let's hope the mansion will be included).

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." (Winston Churchill)
DarkLink
rank 25
Posted:
Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:40 pm
quote : #7
Yeah I hear you man. That's why I'm excited about the new Mario game that's coming out for the DS and when it comes out I will get a DS unless the game sucks which I doubt. But Sunshine had some good elements in them like riding Yoshi.

mcmonkey
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:58 am
quote : #8
i thought sunshine was great........

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:08 am
quote : #9
mcmonkey wrote:
i thought sunshine was great........

Nobody said anything about Sunshine being not great.........................I said it was different. Which it was. Same with Luigi's Mansion. Different isn't bad. However different definatly affected whether or not classic locals found there way into Double Dash.

---

Getting back onto the Haunted Mansion. I think since Boo was in the game, he should have had a level based on him, a la the classic Haunted Mansion. Maybe as a Hidden Course even!

Atleast there were "some" paralelles to previous Mario games. Such as the dune level which is a take on the N64 pyramid level. Can't remember the track name. It's my favorite track in double dash though. The music ROCKS and especially sounds good when it speeds up heading into lap 3.
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:18 pm
quote : #10
Well Sunshine was kinda of like a side mission and not a real mario game. It was actually an entirely new game in a way, kind of like Luigi's Mansion. I can't wait for Mario 128, which is said to be the true sequel to mario 64. Which sounds awesome.
PSO episode 1 & 2 characters (xbox): (not playing anymore)
rune HUmar: level 122
wren HUcast: level 68
Rune ver2 FOmar: level 69
mcmonkey
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:27 pm
quote : #11
Mastershake wrote:
Well Sunshine was kinda of like a side mission and not a real mario game. It was actually an entirely new game in a way, kind of like Luigi's Mansion. I can't wait for Mario 128, which is said to be the true sequel to mario 64. Which sounds awesome.
its cos every 'true' mario game has to do sumthing different from previous games (just think about it).

on a side note i allways liked Peach Beach (or whatever its called) cos of the giant comedy wang (lol)