Page 1 of 1
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:21 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well it seems Sega pulled Halloween Decorations, and the Quest, a Day early. Not only that, but they pulled Hallowen events, ON HALLOWEEN. Huh?

I have all of these cakes now and nothing to do with them.

I guess I will just hang onto them for next year. However, I highly doubt Sonic Team will be updating again a year from now. Atleast that is my prediction. GC and Xbox PSO will most likely join the ranks of the DC, in that they will still be online, but new features and regular holiday quests will cease to go up. Even IF next year happens, it will most likely be the last. So be prepared if you really want to get mag cells, Next Halloween may be your last chance.

Having been subscribed since June of 2003, I feel I earned the right to get my Jack-O-Lanterns.

I don't know who calls the shots on PSO events at Sega. Whether its Sega of America, or Sonic Team in Japan. Regardless, what this amounts to are people who are rushing their job, at the customers expense. Im not going to g all crazy and be pissed about it. I'm just dissapointed. This won't necessarily affect me devotion to GC PSO, or paying my Hunters Liscense. Instead it impacts how I would approach Phantasy Star Universe. It would be hard for me to go over onto PSU and get all gung ho about an event knowing I could get shafted within a year or 2 of subscribing.

Well hopefully next year I can sign online during halloween and exchange all of these cakes. Probobly going to store them on another memory card for safe keeping.
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:55 pm
quote : #2
This actully doesnt suprise me at all. I knew xbox had already gone the way of DC when that issue with all the quests/ep2 cmode disapearing. But now it is perfectly evident that GCPSO has nothing left.sega will soon do the same with BB after PSU gets big. Its a bit understandable because thsi game is over 5 years old. But then again i only bought 2HL(plus my free month) for GC PSO. At least they did give us offline mode to work whith for when this begins to happen. The BB trial was alot of fun, but htere is still no way I will pick that title up till there is a TON of new content. This is sad for GC PSO though:(
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:39 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
It is really hard for me to complain as GC PSO has gotten the best treatment and more upgrades than any version of PSO thus far. We got an entirely new game with EP3, and they even re-released Ep1&2 as a Plus version with previously online only content.

I still feel regardless of what sega does in terms of customer support that the GC version of PSO is the greatest. Don't get me wrong I love Dreamcast PSO, but my favorite area to play in is VR Spaceship, and on the DC it is only available in battle mode. You can develop your own screenshots with PSO proxy, you can play with all regions, there is offline play for up to 4 players, dialup and broadband support, the list goes on and on. In-fact, GC PSO is the only version of PSO that fully replicates the feeling of playing PSO in a multiplayer environment by default. DC PSO has no splitscreen, PC BB is online only, Xbox requires a valid xbox live gamer tag to even boot up the game in an offline evironment, and PSU's pso-esque multiplayer gameplay will be online only. So to me, GC PSO will remain the ultimate in PSO.

If and when support does start to waver, I'll just take it as is. I'm not one of those people that hears of coming bad news and uses it as an excuse to ditch out on a game. Which so many people do.

I guess I'm just a bit cheesed because I spent the last 15 days foreging for cakes with fellow gamers. I had over 20 cakes and was going to hop online with a friend last night to get our cakes exchanged for Jack-O-Lanterns. The I notice the Pumpkins are gone and the trees are green. Crying or Very sad Sonic Team did have the quest up for most of October. I just didn't think they would actually axe the thing RIGHT on the holiday that the quest was designed to celibrate. I don't know whether it was the japanese being extra strict in their business orders. Or The US being extra lethargic axing the event early in favor of an extended Lunch Break the next day.

As far as I know, GC PSO could continue to be updated for the next 2 years without incident. My speculations were merely just that, speculation.

When Christmas comes around I am going to try and make up for it and get some console mag cells, hopefully atleast a Master System. Your more than welcome to join Nico0020. As mag cells during Xmas sure are hard to find. The next easy time of the year will be around Easter. Where you can find Egg Rappies in VR Temple with relative ease which yield specific rare weapons.
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:01 pm
quote : #4
Quote:

I still feel regardless of what sega does in terms of customer support that the GC version of PSO is the greatest. Don't get me wrong I love Dreamcast PSO, but my favorite area to play in is VR Spaceship, and on the DC it is only available in battle mode. You can develop your own screenshots with PSO proxy, you can play with all regions, there is offline play for up to 4 players, dialup and broadband support, the list goes on and on. In-fact, GC PSO is the only version of PSO that fully replicates the feeling of playing PSO in a multiplayer environment by default. DC PSO has no splitscreen, PC BB is online only, Xbox requires a valid xbox live gamer tag to even boot up the game in an offline evironment, and PSU's pso-esque multiplayer gameplay will be online only. So to me, GC PSO will remain the ultimate in PSO.

That is honestly the most respectful way to put it with out starting console/version wars. I actully believe that to be true that GC PSO was treated the best of all the versions. As weird as this sounds PSO was always the most fun as a console game, but needed to be a PC game becuase of updates. Sonic team could have done wonders with xboxPSO due to the Hard disk, but i guess they saw that as "un fair" to the users who stayed true to the GC version. When it comes to online I love playing DC PSO the most. Yes I am one of teh priviledged ones to have a BBA as do most of my friends, but I still loved it on dialup. Im not sure what it was about it that I enjoy the most, mainy cause I would go online play some battles, do some challenges and then smack around some baddies in ult mode. GC online always kinda bugged me cause people were just looking for items and not really wanting to just play. I went online for my two months did the quests and challenges. then came back last year for halloween and christmas which was a load of fun. But I just believe that offline on GC is compeltely superb! Yea you cant do quest and with PSO+ that adds ep2 challenge mdoe. My only grips were that towers were not available for multi. I do own all the console versions (aside form EP 3 which i plan to get soon). xbox pso was nice with its BBA only and voice chat, but offline it didnt suit me well. Blue burst open beta was a ton of fun, but not enough *new*content to warrent me getting it for the next while.

I may not return to the online scene of GC PSO due to other stuff I am playing. and of course I just love DC PSO online, and GC PSO is so great to just have four players sitting around a big TV drinking and griping at eachother for screwing up in challenge mode. But if GC really only did get two real online titles I am glad it was this one.
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:56 am
quote : #5
.Hey guys funniest thing ever happened I went online with my PSO on the xbox and guess whats on from the 30 of October to the 30 of november ?yeah HAlloween decorations everywhere along with a quest called C4 or something wow I need to level up my Fonewm so I can join in too before my trial runs out ( then again I will problably pay lol)

Sorry for saying it but seems that finally something good happens hurray Laughing

Now I can see whats halloween all about .
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:48 pm
quote : #6
yeah halloween has come to xbox. it's weird that its late but oh well. I'm glad that i get to play pso again. ^_^ My friend and i have extra characters with different ids so were just going to get the cakes by ourselves.
PSO episode 1 & 2 characters (xbox): (not playing anymore)
rune HUmar: level 122
wren HUcast: level 68
Rune ver2 FOmar: level 69