lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri May 02, 2003 7:07 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
The latest on mario kart double dash:

Well it looks like nintendo's new mario kart title "Mario Kart Double Dash" is going to be a LAN only game.....from what i can tell. You never know whats gonna happen. But currently i jsut checked the nintendo E3 website, where they have been constantly updating information from the E3 show. And it states as follows:

"Pack up to eight players into your living room and turn up the fun when you connect Nintendo GameCube systems via the Broadband adaptor."

ok so i guess this means that its going to be a LAN only game, so far. However this means its still being played over a LAN interface using the broadband adaptor, rather than a serial cable. This is a very good thing. Someone out there with the knowledge and the skills could develop a PC program to route Mario Kart to another gamer over the internet.

This has already been done on XBOX, where they have gotten Halo(a non xboxlive game to begin with), and allowed it to connect through gamespy and connect with another xbox user.

So anything's possible. I think that the fact that it utilized the broadband adaptor is a VERY VERY good thing. And with nintendo and there online agenda, I guess i'll take what i can get.

Its still early in the game, so we'll see what happens!

-LordNikon
rank 38
Posted:
Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:35 pm
quote : #2
that would be nice if someone did that. so computer nerds get to work and you'll win $1,000,000 well not from me but maybe from someone
Posted:
Wed Aug 20, 2003 3:40 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yea the Warp Pipe Project which is a group of develoeprs coding a tunneler for cube already has people beta testing one version they recently made. Not sure how successfull it is as of yet but. They needed testers pretty quick, so I am sure they came up with something.

Either a gamespy tunneler will be in the game itself, or programmers will code an open source tunneler.

So come this thanksgiving, gonna be some serious mario kart action going on here at OC.