Page Location: Home > GameCube Lounge > Topic
Previous  1, 2
dwachill
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:27 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
The great thing about GCN Multiplayer is that the framerate almost never drops, even when you have 4 players. PS2 nearly always slows down with 4 players, and many XBOX games do to.
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:02 pm
quote : #17
Type: NTSC-U/C
One of the big things I am trying to also gauge with this thread is "lasting appeal". I think the gamecube definatly has that kind of appeal. It's list of games are very original unique titles. Not only lots of exclusive first party games, but third party games as well. So I really think the gamecube has a lot going for it to keep talking about it years down the road.

However as I was sitting here thinking, I realised something.

Do you guys think backwards compatability hinders appreciation for a specific console and its games?

It's almost as if the GameCube console itseld would become insignificant to many, simply because those games could be played, and possibly even purchased and downloaded for the Revolution.

It's almost as if the games no longer become associated with their original platform and instead are "old games you can play on your new system".

You don't really see a lot of PS1 fan sites out there.
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:03 pm
quote : #18
I think backwards compatibility can help a console and make it not as good. If it can be backwards compatible more people can enjoy these games that they normally wouldn't be able to do. But on the other hand if you can play it on another console people might look down on it saying "oh I can just play it on my new shiny console" leaving the original system out.

axlrose2k5
rank 2
Posted:
Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:22 pm
quote : #19
Well,one reason that I will keep using my Gamecube is the GameBoy Player.Also, my GC has digital out. Mr. Green

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:48 pm
quote : #20
axlrose2k5 wrote:
Well,one reason that I will keep using my Gamecube is the GameBoy Player.Also, my GC has digital out. Mr. Green

Yes I am dying to get a gameboy player. Those things rock so hardcore. Going to be my next game purchase!
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:44 am
quote : #21
I want one of them too and I was like yeah they cost a £10 like I did when I bought my bba in my local gamestation ,then I cam back and it was £37.99 ! I was really sad because I wanted ot play all my game boy games again ever since my advance broke on my trip to Portugal . Sad
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:46 am
quote : #22
charmed_699 wrote:
I was really sad because I wanted ot play all my game boy games again ever since my advance broke on my trip to Portugal . Sad

Ouch, that sucks.

Im waiting untill ebgames.com gets some used ones on there to order one.
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:34 pm
quote : #23
I recently read on Nintendo's website that the GBA Player will ouput games in Progressive scan if you have the setup. Thats awsome. Shocked
rank 2
Posted:
Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:45 pm
quote : #24
lordnikon wrote:
I recently read on Nintendo's website that the GBA Player will ouput games in Progressive scan if you have the setup. Thats awsome. Shocked

Wow.That is great news!I wonder how much better GBA games look in Progessive Scan,

Chile
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:36 pm
quote : #25
I hope I am still into the cube. I invested so much into it since I got it on launch, November 5th, 2001. I was blown by its graphics and still am! I've got 4 Wavebirds (best wireless controller ever IMO) and I have the GBA player as well as the BBa. I love its nice handle at the back. Just yesterday I used the handle for the first time, walking for 20 minutes with from a friends house.
Konradshohe Lvl 21 (Skyly)
axlrose2k5
rank 2
Posted:
Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:07 pm
quote : #26
I will be getting a bba when I get more money and I want to get PSO Ep.1&2, which I will most likely get after Christmas.

mcmonkey
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:42 pm
quote : #27
Chile wrote:
I hope I am still into the cube. I invested so much into it since I got it on launch, November 5th, 2001. I was blown by its graphics and still am! I've got 4 Wavebirds (best wireless controller ever IMO) and I have the GBA player as well as the BBa. I love its nice handle at the back. Just yesterday I used the handle for the first time, walking for 20 minutes with from a friends house.

seeing that release date makes me cry Crying or Very sad

lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:58 pm
quote : #28
Chile wrote:
Just yesterday I used the handle for the first time, walking for 20 minutes with from a friends house.

Thats so fucking awsome Very Happy You get a gold star on your GameCube Fan chart Smile
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:41 pm
quote : #29
lordnikon wrote:
Chile wrote:
Just yesterday I used the handle for the first time, walking for 20 minutes with from a friends house.

Thats so fucking awsome Very Happy You get a gold star on your GameCube Fan chart Smile
ROFL! I love it! So many people were like "what the fuck?" and were perplexed as to what the hell I was doing. Mr. Green
Konradshohe Lvl 21 (Skyly)