Type: NTSC-U/C

So? What do you guys think? Cool

(no capture card was used for this)
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:02 pm
quote : #2
profile : pm
Wow thats a really great looking pic I think you should do a signature out of it because it would look awesome.
rank 23
Posted:
Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:52 pm
quote : #3
That looks like it came off a PC, perhaps PSO:BB? But then I see the action pallette, and... nope! Not BB. How'd ya do that? It's very crisp, and it's way too big for a normal screenshot.
Posted:
Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:06 pm
quote : #4
that's a really nice picture. how do you do it?
PSO episode 1 & 2 characters (xbox): (not playing anymore)
rune HUmar: level 122
wren HUcast: level 68
Rune ver2 FOmar: level 69
lordnikon
rank 47
Posted:
Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:59 am
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok here is what I did. I was online taking snapshots of the xmas stuff. I decided to take a snap of the screen where it shows the xmas quest at the quest counter. I shot the name of the quest and the description... which... you all already know are...

RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER

So this is where it hit me. Why not take 2 snapshots, or more, and fuse them together to create 1 large snapshot. A person could, if they had enough memory cards, create a very large full screen capture of a gamecube session. You would need something around 12-18 memory cards though.

As far as the clarrity. This is how PSO Plus outputs images. It is extremly crisp and the images convert MUCH crisper than they would using the original PSO release on gamecube.

There are a few things to think about when attempting to do this. You have to compensate for moving objects. Because you will be fitting 2 images together in a graphics application on the PC, you must make sure the objects lineup in each image as close as possible. Remember the character in PSO bobs up and down as its standing there. Plus those plants have leaves that sway.

As for the angle of the shot, you are restricted to the default viewing angle. You could try a full zoom in, but no angle changes and no in-between zooming. The reason you can't do this is because you will have to let go of the controller, and change the memory card sitting in slot B between the shot. Also remember to have a slight overlap on the sides the images will be merged. This way you can easily line them up.

Finally I used a "trick" to create the illusion that there was no copyright information. All GameCube screenshots add a copyright tag to the base of the image. However what I did was cover that information up with the letter box design that you see. The lowerpart covers up the copyright, whereas the upper part was added above the very top of the fused images.

I plan on buying 2 more madcatz cards(in addition to the 2 I already own) for taking snapshots. I hope to create a 4 image fuse and really get a nice big shot.

Remember, for taking PSO snapshots on the gamecube, pickup some CHEAPO cheapest you can find memory cards. Basically the cheaper the better, since you can only hold 1 snapshot file per memory card. Total mem card size does not matter since the snapshot files themselves are actually quite small in blocks.

ALSO, please don't upload any of these shots to the gallery just yet. I will make a new gallery for these sorts of shots if anyone makes anymore of these. Thank you.

This should be possible on the Dreamcast as well. Since the DC has no copyright info, you could do some really nice shots. Anyways I hope people like this and its a great way to get some larger panoramic shots taken. I can't wait to try it out in the Mountains and get a nice look out to sea. Very Happy